Pre-Game Talk: Jets@ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
@IllegalCurve

Coach Maurice steps up. Said none of the guys who took today off he has any concern with. Expects Kane to be a player in next game

Quick amendment to Coach Maurice re; Kane's status. He said "barring anything unusual he will be full to go tomorrow in practice"

Looks like Kane could be good to go for the California road trip. Looking forward to KSW!

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
4-3 jets, handing the ducks there 1st home loss in regulation, causing this board to explode and multiple main board threads :yo.

Scheifele, trouba, Kane, wheeler

So pumped for this game. Which is awesome considering how I felt after loosing to Columbus

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-practice-300x200.jpg

Chris Thorburn - Team over past week. Looking ahead to the road trip in California. More confidence from last three games to play teams like Ducks and Kings. Body language of his coach. His thoughts on the baseball game at practice.

Jacob Trouba - How did he spend the night after the win? How special is it to take his dad on the trip. Looking ahead to Anaheim and San Jose.

Evander Kane - Update on his hand. Any idea about how close he is? Will he share it? Being back participating in a full practice. What has he noticed from the team under Coach Maurice? Does this system suit his game? On the coaching change. Change in the mood in the room? Talk about his injury and fighting in the game (more below). His thoughts on the Cgy/Van game. On the rookies Trouba and Scheifele.

To listen click here.

Coach Maurice and pics from the open practice upcoming.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
20-0-2 in their home games this year.

But this game: doesn't matter.

I really hope they go in and take their improved confidence and slight tweaks to their game that Maurice has introduced, and show well. Would be absolutely fantastic to hand them their first home ice regulation loss. :nod:

Go :jets Go!

Last edited:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-January-19-2014-300x224.jpg

Coach Maurice - Status of players who didn’t participate today (Wheeler, Ladd, Little, Enstrom, Jokinen, Ellerby). Kane update. Postma status. The open practice. Upcoming road trip. His contract with the Jets. Choosing being a coach vs. being on TV. Quick talk on Cgy/Van. James Wright goalless drought.

To listen click here.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
20-0-2 in their home games this year.

But this game: doesn't matter.

I really hope they go in and take their improved confidence and slight tweaks to their game that Maurice has introduced, and show well. Would be absolutely fantastic to hand them their first home ice regulation win. :nod:

Go :jets Go!

Well since the Ducks gave the Jets their first home ice regulation loss this season (way back on October 6th - how's that for perspective! and it was a gift at that from Bogo) they do kind of owe them one.

PS: also I think you meant first home ice regulation loss?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I really hope they go in and take their improved confidence and slight tweaks to their game that Maurice has introduced, and show well. Would be absolutely fantastic to hand them their first home ice regulation win. :nod:

Dunno about you, but I'd rather hand them their first loss.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Well since the Ducks gave the Jets their first home ice regulation loss this season (way back on October 6th - how's that for perspective! and it was a gift at that from Bogo) they do kind of owe them one.

PS: also I think you meant first home ice regulation loss?

True!

And yes, I meant loss. :facepalm: I've got win-Win-WIN! on my mind, I guess. :laugh:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I said to my buddy at the game last night: "Imagine Trouba at forward!"
Kane Scheif Trouba

I know, I know, Im just kidding but that would be fun to watch no?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Jets fathers are accompanying the team on this road trip. Should be good for some extra motivation.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The Ducks have to lose one at home sooner or later. Might as well be this one. I say Bogo exorcises a demon and scores one. If KANER is back in the lineup he gets one too. Finally, buff pots a wrap around. Jerts win 3-2...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Anaheim wx forecast. Sunny 30c. Hope they stay away from the swim up bar at the pool ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am interested to see how Kane performs under Coach Maurice.

I think that Kane might be the player that benefits most from Maurice. They are both intense, and I think Kane wants that sort of approach.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I think that Kane might be the player that benefits most from Maurice. They are both intense, and I think Kane wants that sort of approach.

I agree.

I think Kane was a little bit fed up with Claude Noel. No one can question Kaners compete level or intensity and I think having a coach that mirrors that will benefit him.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
so the vBookie odds on this one must be paying bazillions if the Jets win.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm starting to think quite a number of players were sort of fed up with Noel. I don't think it was a matter of them dis-liking him or anything like that, but I think the core that's been here for a few years now had decided he wasn't the coach who would get them anywhere. I was a Noel supporter for the first couple seasons, but even I started to tire of him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad