Post-Game Talk: Jets drop Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Gotta be a game or two for the charge at least. No previous history and suspensions are shorter in the playoffs. Still, you just can't make that hit.

I hope Evans is okay.

Habs fans f*** off.

Don't know how an empty net race is charging, but maybe the threatened surete investigation might finally make Parros pull the trigger on someone other than Kadri.

Reactions: OilerMcLord

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He may have hit the chest first, Evans may have been reaching. The big thing is there is no reason to make that hit, and he charged basically 200 ft at full speed.
The charge from across the ice and leaving his feet is the bad part.

You can make the hit to prevent the goal, that’s fine, but he didn’t make the hit for that, he made it because he was frustrated.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Definitely a charge and a stupid hit, he's getting atleast a game. I still can't tell on if there was head contact on the initial hit and need to see more angles for that but I just don't like the hit and a real gutless play to destroy a player in that position whether it is a target to the head or not. Easily could have gone for the puck there instead.

Other then that the team was rusty the first half of the game and will really need to buckle down with Mark assuredly missing games.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
really thought we played off the back foot today. could have been the rest/rust. helle has to stop the first shot of the game ffs.

suzuki's goal was a killer but not as nice as lowsy's goal,

55 will be a target now. hope he's ready for it

when i get glum i just watch jomo skate and it cheers me up.

i hope evans is fine. scheif gotta control his emotions cuz he cant fight

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Hope Evans is ok. Can’t see the league letting Scheifle off with nothing but he doesn’t have a history so that may go in his favour. If Evans is really hurt bad (and let’s hope not) it might be more than 1-2 games. May all depend on a finding as to whether the hit had any bearing on preventing the goal. If it followed the goal by a substantial period of time whatever that is, then Scheif maybe in some load of trouble. Jets looked stale after the layoff, they’ll be better next game.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Stupid play by 55 who was mad at his own performance. Selfish. And after the second half the game I liked our chances still winning this series even after a game 1 loss. But No Demelo, maybe no Stats and now likely no Scheifele for 2-3 games. We are done
I was going to post the same thing. I fully expect Jets to lose game 2 due to too many missing guys.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Scheif finally throws a check instead of waving his stick and can’t even do that right

he is the problem.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
To be a charge he either had to stride into the hit or leave his feet. I didn't see either

A hit can be both savage and clean

He power skated like the entire length of the rink into the hit. That’s the worst charging I’ve ever seen.

"Charging is the action where a player takes more than two strides or travels an excessive distance to accelerate through a body check for the purpose of punishing the opponent."

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Looked to me as it happened like Evans knew the puck was in and was getting ready for his celly when he got levelled. I don't know...as it happened my immediate thought was holy shit why did you do that Chef?

Reactions: kanadalainen

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Hope Evans is ok. Can’t see the league letting Scheifle off with nothing but he doesn’t have a history so that may go in his favour. If Evans is really hurt bad (and let’s hope not) it might be more than 1-2 games. May all depend on a finding as to whether the hit had any bearing on preventing the goal. If it followed the goal by a substantial period of time whatever that is, then Scheif maybe in some load of trouble. Jets looked stale after the layoff, they’ll be better next game.

That puck was already in the net when Schief hit him. 100% charging and 100% late. Wtf was he thinking?

Reactions: schmockeyknife

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The NHL will look at the super slo-mo. If the initial point of contact was chest or shoulder, then Chef will be in the clear. It looked like the player got hurt more from the way they landed on the ice than the hit.

But, the NHL might look at the fact he got 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad