Post-Game Talk: Jets drop Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Scheifele might of cost us the series. He's getting 1-6 games for that, why I think one is a starting point is because he isn't a repeat offender, but I would give him three and a fine. Scheifele needs to take a step back.

Reactions: hn777

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Schief definitely getting suspended for that. For me it looked like his shoulder hit Evans' head first. Hope Evans is okay but he was out before he hit the ice.

Shit game. Weber will be out for blood next game.
Definitely a hit to the head. His helmet almost came off and he was out before he hit the ice.

our season probably just ended.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Stupid play by 55 who was mad at his own performance. Selfish. And after the second half the game I liked our chances still winning this series even after a game 1 loss. But No Demelo, maybe no Stats and now likely no Scheifele for 2-3 games. We are done

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Abysmal game. Jets looked rusty. Probably Maurice running the players into the ground in practice. How does Stastny get injured in practice?

Stanley and Poolman back to Earth with a huge thud.

Scheifele with a reckless, dirty play. Deserves a few game suspension.

My, the Jets' playoff fortunes turned fast.

Now well really see if they can "stick together", maybe without two of their top 6 (Stastny and Scheifele).

Maurice probably beings in Benn, giving the Jets the most plodding, inept D possible in a final 8 team.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The good news is, even after losing Demelo, not having Staz, facing a hot Carey Price and spotting the Habs a 3-1 lead, the Jets still played pretty good for the rest of the game. Good enough win more often than not in games like this.

The bad news is if Scheifele is gone next game, along with the absense of Stasney and Demelo, we're in massive trouble. You can't expect to win a tight series without your number one center, on top of the other two guys. I think we may be looking at 2-0 in games heading back to Montreal.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He's got to make a hit on that play. Can't give up and wave a stick instead.

I think there was contract with the head, which was the problem. If the shoulder hit the head then it should be a suspension.

I wish the hit was lower and wish Evans could have gotten up and celebrated with his team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad