Post-Game Talk: Jets come from behind to win game 3 in OT! OH BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I never buy player jerseys... I always buy blank ones.
While I do follow a few individual players, my support is to the Jets as a team, regardless of the players on the roster and players come and go.... though a Jets PLD jersey would be nice.
I’d love to be able to get a few generic NHL jerseys with names on them though.
I have a Byfuglien jersey and will always wear it with pride. Really miss him!

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I think i should do that too , first jersey was Pavelec :laugh: second was Heritage Classic of Buff :( boy can i pick em. :laugh:
I bought a Buff home jersey during their first year here and will continue to wear it proudly once we're allowed back in the barn. I also occasionally wear a Fefe white heritage and once in a blue moon I'll wear my auto'd white Helley Moose jersey that I won in a Moose STH contest.

On the other hand I bought my son a Kane home jersey during the first year and after Kane left I bought him a Trouba jersey. Needless to say I will not be buying my son any more jerseys... :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I bought a Buff home jersey during their first year here and will continue to wear it proudly once we're allowed back in the barn. I also occasionally wear a Fefe white heritage and once in a blue moon I'll wear my auto'ed white Helley Moose jersey that I won in a Moose STH contest.

On the other hand I bought my son a Kane home jersey during the first year and after Kane left I bought him a Trouba jersey. Needless to say I will not be buying my son any more jerseys... :laugh:
Feel free to buy your son a Beaulieu and a Forbort jersey...:naughty:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
To commemorate the 1,000th(*) incorrect framing of the faceoff argument I've seen in my life, Alpha Lackey will "be that guy":

Do faceoff wins matter a non-zero amount? Yes.
Do faceoff wins matter as much as people think they do? No.

Is there a measurable skill involved in winning faceoffs? Yes.
Does 'faceoff skill' play a large element in winning faceoffs? No.

Should you have your best player on the line take the draw? Yes.
Is it worth putting out an otherwise inferior player on a line just to take a draw? No.

* - estimate based on current level of sassiness.
Just a question re: the bolded — some players win faceoffs much more than others, if it’s not skill, what is it?

No snark intended whatsoever, I wanna know.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
I never buy player jerseys... I always buy blank ones.
While I do follow a few individual players, my support is to the Jets as a team, regardless of the players on the roster and players come and go.... though a Jets PLD jersey would be nice.
I’d love to be able to get a few generic NHL jerseys with names on them though.
I have both a Jets and a Bombers jersey. Both of them have the day of the month I was born, and my own last name.

No one's ever going to mistake me for a professional athlete, and it always seems kind of embarrassing to me to have one of their numbers and names on my back. Plus, there's the whole "what if they get traded?" thing.

Reactions: BatVader

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
madison.jpeg

Last night .... Sold Out Madison Square +19,000 in NY where the most c0v1d cases/deaths occurred has no problems with fans in the stands with no masks too .... hmmmm.
Hopefully Jet fans will be allowed to watch the home team live win by the time they hit the final four.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
So I never lived in Winnipeg in the 80’s and wasn’t a Jets fan until I moved here in 1993. I don’t have the PTSD from that time against the Oilers. I was chatting with @Ducky10 about this in the game day thread yesterday. I am thrilled for you guys that a new chapter is being written although it isn’t finished. I couldn’t be happier this morning for the fan Vets who lived through the 80’s defeats in their formative years.

Now there is a new OT memory of the little Dutch Boy (I know he’s a Dane) that lives beside the Dave Ellett memory. Now finish it off Jets so it’s not a bitter sweet memory.

I am one of those 80s fans with PTSD, incredulous that the Oilers again have been blessed with the Gretzky (in skill, not style) of his generation. Saw every playoff game from '83-'90, many of them live at the old arena.

This year, I decided I would not watch a minute of Game 1 to bring a different karma to this generation's series. When the Jets won that game my friends prohibited me from watching any of the others and I have not. Checked the score last night, 3 hours in, saw it was tied and into OT....and watched a movie till the deed was done.

I am the least superstitious person I know in "real life", but am riding this wave for the greater good!

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I am one of those 80s fans with PTSD, incredulous that the Oilers again have been blessed with the Gretzky (in skill, not style) of his generation. Saw every playoff game from '83-'90, many of them live at the old arena.

This year, I decided I would not watch a minute of Game 1 to bring a different karma to this generation's series. When the Jets won that game my friends prohibited me from watching any of the others and I have not. Checked the score last night, 3 hours in, saw it was tied and into OT....and watched a movie till the deed was done.

I am the least superstitious person I know in "real life", but am riding this wave for the greater good!

Appreciate your sacrifice :bow:

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Now I want a custom Jets Jersey: #41.

Putting "IT WAS" for the name, having a dash custom made in between the 4 and 1, and custom stitch "THEY SAID" at the bottom :naughty:

Reactions: DashingDane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce