Post-Game Talk: Jets come from behind to win game 3 in OT! OH BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Can't believe people are saying that Archibald hit wasn't dirty. Same type of hit on me in Junior blew out my knee and ended my hockey career. It is as dirty as it gets
People don’t see the difference between a hip check and clipping. Archibald is tall enough to target Stanimals upper thigh region. He instantly regretted going after the big man, and dived to avoid the collision. A cowards move.

edit: saw the players safety video: didn’t split second change his mind on the hit, went directly for the knee. Still a coward but add POS on his resume.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Have you seen the Jet's Fan Car ? -- man it's a "real classic." I was trying to walk across St.Marys Road thru heavy traffic. As tons of cars were going by, I could here horns honking in the distance, and closing in. I thought it was likely a wedding or something. ( horns honking) This was in the St.Vital area.

In a couple minutes this car passes right by me. It looked like an old Chevy Vega -- nicely painted a teal blue colour. On top of the car was a Stanley Cup - same size as the real one.( Silver) There were also Jet's decals all over the car, and Jet's Flags -- 2 on the front, and 2 on the back -- flapping in the wind.

It really is site to see -- I thought it may be @ Jets 31 so I waved to the driver, but he was too busy rocking back and forth and honking his horn.

I've never seen anything like that, but it was kind of funny, to the extent some fans will go too. It was great --has anybody seen it ??
Unfortunately it wasn't me but i would like to see it. If i was going to do that i would have told all you bastards so we all could go do that. :laugh:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

E2K2CFGVkAEUZRk

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
And some still say faceoffs dont matter in hockey. Lol!

To commemorate the 1,000th(*) incorrect framing of the faceoff argument I've seen in my life, Alpha Lackey will "be that guy":

Do faceoff wins matter a non-zero amount? Yes.
Do faceoff wins matter as much as people think they do? No.

Is there a measurable skill involved in winning faceoffs? Yes.
Does 'faceoff skill' play a large element in winning faceoffs? No.

Should you have your best player on the line take the draw? Yes.
Is it worth putting out an otherwise inferior player on a line just to take a draw? No.

* - estimate based on current level of sassiness.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm shocked it wasn't just a fine - but then again, he's a repeat offender. I also didn't realize that Archibald is clearly not playing the puck there, as it bounced off his skate (didn't catch that watching the game).

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Can't believe people are saying that Archibald hit wasn't dirty. Same type of hit on me in Junior blew out my knee and ended my hockey career. It is as dirty as it gets
This doesn't even exist because it is so bad. I've seen thousands of hockey games and never heard "clipping" over the PA live. And I don't remember the last occasion on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce