Post-Game Talk: Jets come from behind to win game 3 in OT! OH BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Can't believe people are saying that Archibald hit wasn't dirty. Same type of hit on me in Junior blew out my knee and ended my hockey career. It is as dirty as it gets

I've seen people trying to argue that Stanley was trying to take Archibald's head off and that Archibald was just ducking the hit.

Stanley never moves towards Archibald at any point.
It's arguable whether Stanley was even eligible to be hit. He never had control of the puck.
To both of those points - Archibald also wasn't eligible to be hit and Stanley never makes any movement towards him to show any intent of hitting him.
On the other hand Archibald launched himself into Stanley's leg after taking 2-3 strides towards him.

I think it says enough that half of these people don't even understand what clipping is.

Edit to add: It should've been more than 1 game.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Man that Ehlers goal was such vindication for me as i waited years after the move to finally get a Jets jersey until i felt it was time. I went with Ehlers. So proud as a Jets fan and huge Ehlers fan.
I never buy player jerseys... I always buy blank ones.
While I do follow a few individual players, my support is to the Jets as a team, regardless of the players on the roster and players come and go.... though a Jets PLD jersey would be nice.
I’d love to be able to get a few generic NHL jerseys with names on them though.

Reactions: Hollywood3

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Definitely will be getting Ehlers on the back of my next jersey. I’m loving this because 2 years ago everyone was saying “trade the kid he can’t score in the playoffs he’s too soft, blah blah”

He is a certified beauty.
I really think trading Laine was the best thing to happen for Ehlers, i think he always looked to pass to Laine instead of using his own great shot.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I never buy player jerseys... I always buy blank ones.
While I do follow a few individual players, my support is to the Jets as a team, regardless of the players on the roster and players come and go.... though a Jets PLD jersey would be nice.
I’d love to be able to get a few generic NHL jerseys with names on them though.
I think i should do that too , first jersey was Pavelec :laugh: second was Heritage Classic of Buff :( boy can i pick em. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241 and BatVader

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
You have to be an absolute blind Coiler homer not to see the greasy intent on that Archibald hit.

On the one angle, you can see him locked and loaded to target Stanley low the entire time. That kind of play can lead to a catastrophic injury and there is no place in the game for that shit.

Enjoy your vacation, Archie boy.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Unfortunately it wasn't me but i would like to see it. If i was going to do that i would have told all you bastards so we all could go do that. :laugh:

Man, you'd love it, it's a real classic. I've seen lots of cars with one Jet's flag attached to their windows etc., but never nothing like this. This guy is "all Jets." Maybe he's from the St. B or St.Vital area, and you might see him on your way to St.B Golf Course. I think you'd like it. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh thanks for the reminder to check it out! It's like Armageddon over there :laugh:

:laugh: What would you expect?
This place was prepared for a poor showing but if we had managed to lose after being up 4-1 with only 8.5 min left this place would have been burned to the ground.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think i should do that too , first jersey was Pavelec :laugh: second was Heritage Classic of Buff :( boy can i pick em. :laugh:
While i did/do follow a few stars like Buff, most of my fav players are role style players, like...Tomas Plekanic, Matt Duchene, PLD, etc...

Reactions: Jets 31

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Man that Ehlers goal was such vindication for me as i waited years after the move to finally get a Jets jersey until i felt it was time. I went with Ehlers. So proud as a Jets fan and huge Ehlers fan.

Made my mind up from this season that Ehlers will be my next jersey

but man after that goal last night I was like “should I just buy every single ehlers jersey I can now?”

what a stud he is. So happy we have him

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I did actually think Oilers would win the series like 4-2, but I answered the poll "Winnipeg wins in 7" because that's what I hoped for.

Obviously 2 OT wins and some bounces here and there makes the Jets slightly luckier team in this series so far, but as long as the Jets wins, I am not complaining :)

2 in OT and the 3rd was a 2-1 game with 2 MT netters. This series has been a lot closer than 3-0 would indicate. As expected, the difference has been goaltending.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

E2K2CFGVkAEUZRk

This gives me hope PLDs liking playing in Winnipeg and is willing to sign long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad