GDT: Jets @ Blues • Mon Nov 16, 7PM • Scottrade Center • "Go Jets Go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
You know what refs need to start doing?

If it's a close play and the refs see it but decide they aren't calling a penalty, shout out "SAW IT!".

I think a big part of the difficulty of knowing how the refs are gonna call a game is that you don't know if the ref missed it, or if the ref saw it but decided it wasn't a call.

And I'm aware I'm probably giving a MONUMENTAL amount of credit more to the refs on this one. But I'm a world champ at Devil's Advocate and I'll swing at every pitch.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think the Jets' penalties have become a self-fulfilling prophecy with the refs now 'seeing' more penalties since they know the Jets are a 'dirty' team. :rant:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think the guys have played a bad game really tonight, but the Blues don't have the forchecking speed that Nashville and Minnesota do which gave us fits. I think we just match up well against them. Effort is certainly better tonight though.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Does the NHL ever talk to refs after blown calls? Or are they just let go?

I'm fairly certain they are at least tracked for purposes of selecting post-season games. But I've always maintained that referees should be liable to be fined. If a player's conduct can besmirch and embarrass the league, blowing an obvious call and/or making a ridiculous call out of nothing but pique (that GM against Little against Calgary, the one the ref COULD NOT CALL ACCORDING TO THE RULE BOOK, being a prime example) then they damn sure should be a little lighter in the pocket for their incompetence and/or unprofessionalism.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Enstrom finally playing in between the player and the net. Too often he's caught reaching for the puck with his stick when the safest play is to just take the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad