Post-Game Talk: Jets beat Ducks in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Getzlaf coming down Stu's side last night was laughable.

I nominate the Trouba goalie gear comment for post of the season.:handclap:

The Kane goal the other night was vintage Stu. Kane is amazing but if you close the gap you can at least keep him cycling out of the danger zone.....instead Stu backed it way in until Kane was able to use him as a scene and pick the corner. I was literally yelling at the tv.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Can someone please explain to me why Pavelec can't simply be sent down to the Moose next year to back up Comrie?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can someone please explain to me why Pavelec can't simply be sent down to the Moose next year to back up Comrie?

There are four million four hundred and seventy five thousand reasons. It would make more financial sense to buy him out than to bury him in the AHL.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
There are four million four hundred and seventy five thousand reasons. It would make more financial sense to buy him out than to bury him in the AHL.

Yeah we all know it isn't going to happen, but really...the money is spent right? I don't see how it makes sense to keep a bad goalie up with the big team just because he's getting big money. He's going to hurt your chances of success...and if the team is successful you'll make enough money to more than offset his contract $.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah we all know it isn't going to happen, but really...the money is spent right? I don't see how it makes sense to keep a bad goalie up with the big team just because he's getting big money. He's going to hurt your chances of success...and if the team is successful you'll make enough money to more than offset his contract $.

I agree, but if he isn't at least a backup in the NHL then why not just buy him out and save some $$$?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree, but if he isn't at least a backup in the NHL then why not just buy him out and save some $$$?

Well there is that Lawless thinking that you might need an experienced NHL starter around. Y'know, just in case Helle, Hutch and even Comrie are so bad that we would welcome Pav back. :laugh: Like that could ever happen. :laugh: Of course that ignores the fact that while Pav is experienced he is not an NHL starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad