Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Avs - Wed, Feb 20 @ 7:30 pm CT - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
You’d have to somehow convince Maurice to split up Lowry and Tanev, and that ain’t happening without an act of god.
No kidding, for all the talk of Scheif-Wheels being conjoined twins, Lowry-Tanev are just as inseparable. Maurice's reluctance to break either pair apart just seems rooted in a dance with the devil you know mentality. It can't be based on their play lately.

Having said that, neither would be part of a third scoring line once Ehlers is healthy. I think Copp is worth a look between Perreault and Rosie, which still leaves Lowry and Tanev together, albeit with less TOI .

Reactions: AKAChip and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No kidding, for all the talk of Scheif-Wheels being conjoined twins, Lowry-Tanev are just as inseparable. Maurice's reluctance to break either pair apart just seems rooted in a dance with the devil you know mentality. It can't be based on their play lately.

Having said that, neither would be part of a third scoring line once Ehlers is healthy. I think Copp is worth a look between Perreault and Rosie, which still leaves Lowry and Tanev together, albeit with less TOI .
That's if Frenchie is still a Jet come trade deadline day , Frenchie makes decent money and i wouldn't be surprised if he is part of a package that gets moved .

Reactions: Ducky10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
That's if Frenchie is still a Jet come trade deadline day , Frenchie makes decent money and i wouldn't be surprised if he is part of a package that gets moved .

The move would have to be really big for this to happen.
Chevy likely isn't making moves that deduct players from our active roster.
Those type of deals (that big) don't happen as often.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I know this is beyond the scope of what any of us can really know but it's always intrigued me what gets commentators fired and who exactly is judging the quality of their performance. People complain about broadcasters all the time and I get that it's one of the most subjective professions out there but if I were as bad at my job as Sawyer or an even worse offender, Rod Black is at theirs, I'd not only be fired but people would be seriously harmed. Obviously there are politics involved and it's not as simple as "bad" vs "good" but even if it's a first world problem, it's annoying to be subjected to poor commentators when you watch 82 games a season plus playoffs.

A lot of it is based on feedback and focus groups - there is a lot of nepotism as well.

Remember, we are in the highly educated fan (haha) category. Most NHL fans are casual watchers who would rather just have their teams tires pumped up.

A lot of these guys play to the wider audience and are coached on it as well.

Reactions: AKAChip

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We need to return the favor to Colorado , we need this win tomorrow . Or at the very least lose in overtime but play our butts off .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Poolman recalled for this road trip.

Makes sense to have him as a back-up if Buff or another D is still ailing, but otherwise they will be traveling with 8 healthy D (Morrissey, Trouba, Buff, Chiarot, Kulikov, Myers, Niku, Poolman), which is a bit unusual.

I wonder if Niku is on the table for a potential trade this week, or maybe the Sens want to get a look at Poolman at the NHL level.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Laine, Poolman and Perreault.

Coach Maurice scrum topics include: Status of Byfuglien. Getting Tucker Poolman from the Moose. Taking a second day off on Monday. On Laine having success in practice. Has Laine turned a corner? Has he seen growth in how Laine handles adversity? Is there a chance Nic Petan gets into a game? Seven of nine on the road and the opportunity it presents. Does he expect a positive response from his team after giving them the time off?

To listen click here.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Poolman recalled for this road trip.

Makes sense to have him as a back-up if Buff or another D is still ailing, but otherwise they will be traveling with 8 healthy D (Morrissey, Trouba, Buff, Chiarot, Kulikov, Myers, Niku, Poolman), which is a bit unusual.

I wonder if Niku is on the table for a potential trade this week, or maybe the Sens want to get a look at Poolman at the NHL level.

Buff isnt making the trip

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
y'know, has there ever been an occasion where a player missed a game due to injury and after the game Maurice said "nothing to worry about" and there in fact WAS nothing to worry about? It seems like every single injury ends up being week to week when it starts off as "oh we think he'll be fine by the next game."

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
With Buff out and Ehlers, I suspect it will affect our scoring a bit, I'd like to see Laine start to step it up, and Roslovic start to score as well.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Only good thing about Buff injury is he will have some rest from wear and tead and be more fresh in the playoff same as Ehlers. Ala Scheifele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad