GDT: Jets at Senators - 7PM - TSN5 and RDS2 - No one cares anymore.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Marleau, Thorton and Pavelski all left at 35+ and in hopes to chase a cup on a rebuilder. Very very different then trading multiple norris winners, solid top 6 guys. In their primes lol

No doubt. Very big difference. Why am I cheering for Spezza on Toronto’s 4th line right now? He should be on our 4th line for 1 million!!!

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Havlat was in Minnesota when Chicago got their first cup.

Maybe he didn’t win a cup I don’t know. He was a solid top 6 guy that’s all I know, I was just starting to like him and then we traded him away.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Such a bullshit post

Ottawa has 3 guys with > 1000 games played. 10th all time is Chris Kelly with 524

In Ottawa's time in the league, Toronto has 1 player with > 500 games played and no players in their history with 1000 games. Montreal has 3 players with > 500 games played and none with 1000 games.

I think people vastly overestimate how often players stick around one city for their entire careers.

Reactions: JD1 and cudi

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Have you guys ever noticed not many stay here long it’s seriously a proven fact now:

Spezza (12 years obviously longest anywhere in NHL)
Heatley (4 years in Ottawa was his longest tenure in the NHL)
Hossa (Stanley cup winner) (7 years is tied for longest tenure in NHL)
Havlat (Stanley cup winner) (5 years is longest in NHL)
Chara (Stanley cup winner) (5 years)
Redden (kept him over Chara then dumped him) (11 years)
Karlsson (9 years)
Stone (5 years)
Hoffman (4 years and longest tenure in NHL)
Volchenkov (7 years and by far longest in NHL
Bishop (I mean we traded for him and he only lasted a few years that happens)
Lehner (Was severly struggling with mental health issues and the Sens move on from him during a rebuild)
Alfredsson (forgot we didn’t retire him wow) (18 years)
Foligno (became a captain) (5 years and then moved out during a rebuild.

I am forgetting lots I’m sure. Wow we had a lot of talent walk through here but we always send it away.

always. Count on it.

I added the productive years next to the names in bold (decided to count lockout years if the team retained them through the lockout). Honestly I have no idea what you are talking about or what your issue is. Yes lots of good players have played 5+ productive years for the Ottawa Senators. Sometimes when we can't sign them we trade them to recoup assets one of the few times we didn't do that was Chara and it turned out poorly but hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: JD1

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Such a bullshit post

Ottawa has 3 guys with > 1000 games played. 10th all time is Chris Kelly with 524

In Ottawa's time in the league, Toronto has 1 player with > 500 games played and no players in their history with 1000 games. Montreal has 3 players with > 500 games played and none with 1000 games.

You bring interesting data to the table but my post is not bullshit lol

make an all star team out of all the players Montreal and Toronto let walk away? I’m sorry but I don’t remember them ever being all star teams?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I think people vastly overestimate how often players stick around one city for their entire careers.

I'll never understand why people choose to live in the past. The past is important, for sure. But if you live there you'll never ever be happy in the present.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The Brann Storm is gonna start surging pretty soon imo. Brann was solid in the 1st and I think he’ll really take off now in the remaining games and an expanded role

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’m surprised I miss seeing Watson out there. Wouldn’t mind seeing some lunatic willingly block a shot with their throat. That guy just loves hockey.

The Brann Storm is gonna start surging pretty soon imo. Brann was solid in the 1st and I think he’ll really take off now in the remaining games and an expanded role

Plus the Zub factor

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
He wouldnt have come here lol. He wants to win a cup. As much of a fantasy land as youve been in about the playoffs, we're far from that

The point would have been to keep him. Long term. And in that case yes he would be here on our 4th line right now. Why not

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
The point would have been to keep him. Long term. And in that case yes he would be here on our 4th line right now. Why not

Because not many players spend whole careers in 1 spot? You're being completely unrealistic and a bit selfish. Lots of "I WANTED him here so he should have STAYED" vibes.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad