GDT: Jets at PATRIOTS - The End Of The Line - CBS, TSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Fields will end up in New York as second overall pick. Darnold will go to San Fran in a trade. Jimmy G ends up back here with Niners cutting him to save $24 million
Id be okay with that. Theu should still draft a QB amd bring in a vet though to compete for tje job

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
To me the Pats won’t trade up to the top 5 so Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are out. Lance could go in the 5-8 range but I just don’t see them taking a QB from the sub division that didn’t play this year. Trask will suck in the NFL. Mac Jones is the only realistic option and I would be pissed if they took him with their first. Especially if they bring in a vet like say Jimmy G. They should take the best receiver available with their first pick.
Smith. Pitts. Waddle. Olave. Not necessarily in that order.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I get the hate for tanking, I really do, but I want this team to be good again and they desperately need talent, particularly at QB. Your way to get that talent is to either be really bad or trade for it. This team doesn't have enough talent as is to afford to trade a future 1st to move up in the draft.

I want this team to be good again as soon as possible, and so I root for the best way to get there, even if it means losing in the short term.

Reactions: McGarnagle

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I get the hate for tanking, I really do, but I want this team to be good again and they desperately need talent, particularly at QB. Your way to get that talent is to either be really bad or trade for it. This team doesn't have enough talent as is to afford to trade a future 1st to move up in the draft.

I want this team to be good again as soon as possible, and so I root for the best way to get there, even if it means losing in the short term.
If you look at the track records though teams that have tanked at have not had much success at all. The last team it really worked for was the Colts in 2010

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My QB wish list (in order):

Veteran Division

Matt Stafford
Jimmy Garoppolo
Carson Wentz

2021 Draft Division

Zach Wilson
Kyle Trask
Mac Jones

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My QB wish list (in order):

Veteran Division

Matt Stafford
Jimmy Garoppolo
Carson Wentz

2021 Draft Division

Zach Wilson
Kyle Trask
Mac Jones

I'd go Stafford (unlikely to be available), Carr (likely available), then Jimmy.

Honestly, Jimmy's not as good as people seem to think he is. Stafford is legit but has been playing with no support in Detroit. Carr is a good NFL quarterback. Not top ten, but not bottom ten. If we make Harris the focal point of the offense, then you can trust Carr not to f*** it up.

Hard pass on Wentz. Not only too expensive, but he's damaged goods. There's a 1/100 chance that a change of scenery helps him become the #2 overall pick he was, but the other 99% of circumstances he continues as he is, oft injured and generally disappointing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Lots of good quarterbacks in NFL history have been found in the late first, 2nd round, 6th round, etc. Lots of top 10 QBs have turned out to not be that good. Everyone understands that, but there's no reason to put yourself in a worse draft spot than you need to. Not every scouting report winds up accurate. But in general you have to put yourself in position to have the best pick you can if you're not going to make the playoffs.

Reactions: 13Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad