Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Oilers Saturday 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Just to devils advocate - why not? Players have played with broken feet before, haven't they? Especially if their team was battling for the playoffs.
I hate that this is a Leafs story but it is legend and defines old school players who played for the love of the game...

Bob Baun Scores Winner on Broken Leg: Defining Moments in Leaf History, No. 5 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICxAH&usg=AOvVaw1LE3lbksLKK-InREpIvjS-

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No it is due to Laine. But there is a big difference from him dealing with the discomfort of a sore foot after a block where he might miss a game or two and a broken foot where he is done for the season. Either way you call up a player for the trip to Edmonton.

Yeah, OK.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he has an outside shot at developing into a 2C

Yes, but he has to be a C in the NHL first. People are getting a little carried away, IMO. So far he has 7 pts in 26 games. He might become a 2C. He might not stick in the NHL at all. He has looked very good so far in a very small sample.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yes, but he has to be a C in the NHL first. People are getting a little carried away, IMO. So far he has 7 pts in 26 games. He might become a 2C. He might not stick in the NHL at all. He has looked very good so far in a very small sample.

Yup I hope the plan next year is for him to start and be developed as a C.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup I hope the plan next year is for him to start and be developed as a C.

Sure, but I haven't given up on Roslovic as a C yet. That 2015 line was very good with him there. I like them as our every day 3rd line next year. All 3 have played C in the AHL.

But when/if we get eliminated from the PO we should try Harkins at 3C. If he does well, give him a look at 2C in TC.

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad