Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Must win, especially with the Blues winning last night and of course jumping ahead of the Preds again.

I for one don't want to see one of those stupid post game celebrations by the Red Twits.

Their owner dumped 250 mil in the American Alliance of Football. How smart really is management and ownership here? LOL

evgeny-kuznetsov-carolina-hurricanes-kayak.gif

You don't want to see the Jets do this?:sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I thought the canes celebrations were pretty cool, just guys really doing their job as entertainers (it's literally the job description for athletes). Then I saw how much these guys having fun and putting on a show riled up the old morons like that racist pos CBC tosses on the air and I LOVED their celebrations. Disappointed we wont see one tmw.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Bettman:

“I happened to talk to some of the players this morning about it, and we had a fun conversation. The players enjoy doing it. That’s important. The fans enjoy seeing it. To me, that’s the most important element as to what goes on after a game when there’s a win. I consider Don Cherry a friend, and respect him, but we can agree to disagree on certain things. The fact is, how fanbases connect with our game evolves over time. What might work in an Original 5 city, might not work in a city or market that’s newer to the game. Think back to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim on Opening Night and Wild Wing propelling from the rafters. People said, ‘Oh, my. How could you do that?’ Think about Nashville with the chants and rituals they have and involving country music. That’s different. Think about what goes on now in Las Vegas. What each team does to connect with its fans is going to be tailored for their fans and their market. As long as the people involved are feeling good about, then who’s to complain?”

Don't agree with Bettman often, but he's right. I'm not in Carolina, I'm not in Nashville, I'm not in Vegas...sure some may see it as being silly, but ultimately it's between the team and their fans. And if it's after the game, I really don't care.

To each their own ...

But over the long hall it will phase out. They will run out of ideas or they will take it too far and someone will get hurt. Then it stops.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Report:

No Little (undisclosed but coach said he expects him to be available) & Lowry (illness).

Player audio: Brossoit & Hellebuyck. (Brossoit spoke about taking unusual losses vs Cgy & Bolts)

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Lowry/Little. Reflections on the Tampa game. Update on Byfuglien. Making sure the Jets are ready for the Hurricanes. Who starts tomorrow? Did he see Rod Brind’Amour as a coach? More on Brind’Amour. Happy to see the success this season in Carolina? His thoughts on the Storm Surge? On Brossoit facing those quirky losses, would he like to see a rule change? Should goalies who come into a game get a warm up?

To listen click here.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This one is going to be a bloodbath in shots against. We could see the Canes get over 50 shots.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought the canes celebrations were pretty cool, just guys really doing their job as entertainers (it's literally the job description for athletes). Then I saw how much these guys having fun and putting on a show riled up the old morons like that racist pos CBC tosses on the air and I LOVED their celebrations. Disappointed we wont see one tmw.
Don Cherry is not a racist POS.

He's ridiculously dinosauric and unintentionally zenophobic but he is not racist and certainly not a pos.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Man i'd hate to see how optimistic you would be if we were a crappy team trying to just get in the playoffs . :laugh:

I think he wanted to resign Frolik and maintain our heavy, lesser skilled team that just barely made the playoffs because of Pavelec heroics instead of pursuing our youth movement.

I don’t take everyone’s opinions seriously t be honest with you. ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think they should be embarrassed. Are they trying to compensate for the humiliation by playing better? 8-1-1 in their last 10.
Seriously! It's just like people up in arms over Hendricks or thinking that stats on paper = wins.

Psychological impacts are really really important to a hockey team. The Canes are obviously having a hoot and their record reflects that.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This one is going to be a bloodbath in shots against. We could see the Canes get over 50 shots.

Carolina is #1 in Shots For per GP
Carolina is #1 in Shots Against per GP

Winnipeg is #17 in Shots For per GP
Winnipeg is #29 in Shots Against per GP

So.... One of the worst teams in the NHL ( Jets ) for shots for and against is playing the team that is the best in both categories...so yes... Helly is gonna see a lot of rubber.

Reactions: PhilJets

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Man i'd hate to see how optimistic you would be if we were a crappy team trying to just get in the playoffs . :laugh:

Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism. What if I told you that this seasons Jets are giving up more shots against than even the "chasing the playoffs" Jets teams between 2011 and 2014? Carolina put up 43 shots against the Jets earlier in the season, 50 shots against is not a pessimistic prediction considering that and considering Carolina is playing much better.

I think he wanted to resign Frolik and maintain our heavy, lesser skilled team that just barely made the playoffs because of Pavelec heroics instead of pursuing our youth movement.

I don’t take everyone’s opinions seriously t be honest with you. ;)

Show me a fan who didn't want Frolik re-signed for what he ended up signing and I will show you a fan engaging in revisionist history. Convenient for you that your posting history starts in 2016 so we can't see what your actual thoughts were on Frolik in 2015 ;), my guess is you would have wanted to sign him as well.

Last edited:

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism. What if I told you that this seasons Jets are giving up more shots against than even the "chasing the playoffs" Jets teams between 2011 and 2014? Carolina put up 43 shots against the Jets earlier in the season, 50 shots against is not a pessimistic prediction considering that and considering Carolina is playing much better.

Show me a fan who didn't want Frolik re-signed for what he ended up signing and I will show you a fan engaging in revisionist history. Convenient for you that your posting history starts in 2016 so we can't see what your actual thoughts were on Frolik in 2015 ;), my guess is you would have wanted to sign him as well.

JUMP FFS!

Reactions: Pongs21 and Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad