Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
1-0 Wild in the second period at Tampa. Apparently some teams can actually defend, even against the mighty Lightning.
Yes, clearly judging by Tampa's record this year it's only the Jets who can't ....:shakehead

Last edited:

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
That's where Corsi is flawed. All about shots. Doesn't matter where they're from. As opposed to zonetime and quality shots which is what good teams strive for not shooting from everywhere.
what? zone time is more useful than Corsi? think about that for a second....

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
1-0 Wild in the second period at Tampa. Apparently some teams can actually defend, even against the mighty Lightning.

Final result 3-0 win for the Wild. They also bested Tampa in shots, Corsi and expected goals. They are missing Dumba and Koivu.

Lightning have not been that good lately, were throttled by Bruins last week.

Reactions: PaulPooley

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Final result 3-0 win for the Wild. They also bested Tampa in shots, Corsi and expected goals. They are missing Dumba and Koivu.

It also helps when you have twice as many PPs as the other team.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

and yet they easily outclassed us in every facet of the game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Other NHL teams beat Lightning, Lightning beat Jets = Jets suck.

Got it.

Reactions: Jets 31

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I mean, including their loss tonight they're 12-2 in their past 14 games. I think they've been pretty good lately.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Lightning have not been that good lately, were -throttled by Bruins last week.
8-2-0 in last 10 games.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Canes player 1: "Senators today, that's an easy win."
Canes player 2: "Um, dude, we play the Jets today."
Canes player 1 : "Even better!"

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bettman:

“I happened to talk to some of the players this morning about it, and we had a fun conversation. The players enjoy doing it. That’s important. The fans enjoy seeing it. To me, that’s the most important element as to what goes on after a game when there’s a win. I consider Don Cherry a friend, and respect him, but we can agree to disagree on certain things. The fact is, how fanbases connect with our game evolves over time. What might work in an Original 5 city, might not work in a city or market that’s newer to the game. Think back to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim on Opening Night and Wild Wing propelling from the rafters. People said, ‘Oh, my. How could you do that?’ Think about Nashville with the chants and rituals they have and involving country music. That’s different. Think about what goes on now in Las Vegas. What each team does to connect with its fans is going to be tailored for their fans and their market. As long as the people involved are feeling good about, then who’s to complain?”

Don't agree with Bettman often, but he's right. I'm not in Carolina, I'm not in Nashville, I'm not in Vegas...sure some may see it as being silly, but ultimately it's between the team and their fans. And if it's after the game, I really don't care.

To each their own ...

But over the long hall it will phase out. They will run out of ideas or they will take it too far and someone will get hurt. Then it stops.

How long have choreographed touchdown celebrations been going on in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad