Post-Game Talk: Jets and the Not so Special Teams - Now Playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

Chevy was going to be the GM regardless of how hot Pavelec was or was not. He'll still be the GM next season too

Him getting into the playoffs last year certainly gave him more time as a gm. Can't imagine how you feel differently

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
That is a silly comment. You are not able to access and state with any certainty as to how most Jets fans feel about Ladd (or any other topic) - unless you've done a survey that extends far beyond the tiny echo chamber that is HFJets. Deferring to an imagined majority opinion is a weak rhetorical crutch.

Sounds like some people need to protect and project a difference in thinking by mocking me and what I know, go on protecting and projecting something Ladd the player is not as far as I am concerned he Ladd needs to be traded or just kicked off this team.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Him getting into the playoffs last year certainly gave him more time as a gm. Can't imagine how you feel differently

I feel he was not going to be fired no matter what. It was always going to be after next season at the earliest. Once he only has 1 year left on his deal. That decision was made by TNSE when he was extended IMO and I still think it's more likely than not that he gets extended again after next year.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Tonight was exactly why I do not think we should sign Buff to a big, long contract.

I am in no way blaming him for the loss but he was pretty much invisible tonight. How does that happen? He is supposed to be our leader back there.

Do you EVER see Little or Wheeler take a night off? Never. They might struggle to find the net but they always play like its their last game - last shift. If Buff played like that he would win the Norris every year and I would beg Chevy to sign him to a max dollar contract.

I see too many nights off, too much lackadaisical play in our end, and when you pair that with his selfishness I just don't want, nor do I think the Jets want to commit that much money to him.

I know if he does go, there are times when I will watch him play for another team and I will long to have him in Jets silks, but I will just remember all of the negatives of having the guy on the roster on a day to day basis and I will feel good about it, especially if we can manage to get a good piece for him in return.

The penalties by Ladd and Myers were ticky tacky but there has to come a time where you don't do that stuff because you don't want to risk putting your team down.

Especially after the Ehlers embellishment penalty I have no idea how that idiot Reider got away with a 9.8 dive AND the stick slash on Myers before that BUT you CAN'T do what Myers did in the second half of the third in a tied game. You just... can't.

Helly could have been better. Ehlers has to start scoring at least a bit. He's playing with good players. He has to contribute.

Chiarot had a very uneven game. He made some good hits and took command of the puck, but then he did some pretty stupid things too.

Trouba was good but he needs to eliminate brain farts like skating in front of his own net on the PK with the puck. He is VERY lucky he didn't give up a 2 on 0 in the low slot there.

How did Toby Enstrom lose every bit of his offensive ability? The guy scored 50 points in the NHL twice. Like as soon as he crosses the offensive blue line he shuts his brain off.

Ugh. Really frustrated with that loss. Even with the Yotes goalie playing so well, we should have won it 2-0 or 2-1. We sunk ourselves. Time for new special teams coaches, obviously.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Sounds like some people need to protect and project a difference in thinking by mocking me and what I know, go on protecting and projecting something Ladd the player is not as far as I am concerned he Ladd needs to be traded or just kicked off this team.

I offered no opinion regarding the topic at all, but rather pointed out that you were essentially claiming to represent a majority opinion - one that in reality you are unable to define. Hope that helps.

Derfel*

I would guess put almost any other Jet player playing with Wheeler and Little and they will do almost just as well or even better than Ladd's scoring percentage.

Your not getting it Derfel, Ladd's leadership has failed.................................. time, and time again except when it comes to penalty minutes per team for Ladd is the King Captain of team penalty minutes.

Ba Bye Ladd

5 Jets players have more penalty minutes than Ladd. For his average ice time, his penalty minutes are below average.

Waiting for you to acknowledge that Ladd scores goals and gets assists.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
PS as much as I hated the penalty that Ladd took last night, I think people have to realize the game is not static.

Andrew Ladd is averaging about a minor every 4 games this year. Considering about half of those could easily be considered part of playing a physical game taking 5 minors through half a season isn't bad.

Yes, Ladd had a bad habit of taking stupid penalties but if you look at this season objectively he has been much better this year. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be pissed at him for that play last night, I'm just saying lets give credit where credit is due.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
5 Jets players have more penalty minutes than Ladd. For his average ice time, his penalty minutes are below average.

Waiting for you to acknowledge that Ladd scores goals and gets assists.

Yup. Still on a 22/50 pace this year. Lower by his standards but considering he was awful to start this year coming back off of serious surgery it's not nearly as bad as people are making out.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
As far as Buff is concerned all you have to see was his look at me i'm skating in circles in the offensive zone and accomplishing nothing display last night. Lets face it 5 loses of this road seals the Jets fate if it isn't sealed already, 5 years with the core and leaders Buff and Ladd will have garnered one playoff appearance, do we really need another 5 years of discussing Ladds stupidity and general poor defensive play and Buffs ho hum attitude?

Derfel*

Yup. Still on a 22/50 pace this year. Lower by his standards but considering he was awful to start this year coming back off of serious surgery it's not nearly as bad as people are making out.

Exactly - even with a slow start he's still clearly a top 6 player. Frustrated fans always need an outlet though, I guess. Heck - people have been blaming Pavelec and he hasn't played since November!

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
No but they are probably pretty close to where they were in early July. Why do you think he hasn't set himself a deadline? Laddseems to think there is. Chevy also has information that you and I don't. He knows which teams have expressed an interest in Ladd.

You give Chevy far too much credit. He has no more clue how to deal with Ladd than he did with Frolic. Frolic he should have paid the price; Ladd he should let go. Wanna bet he's 0 for 2 once this plays out.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
True. Poor starts from Lowry, Ladd, Burmi and Chiarot were not part of the plan. Who knows about goaltending? I'm just sick and tired of bad or mediocre at best goaltending. Bucky has been good to very good in some games and bad in others. In other words he has been a typical, run of the mill goaltender. Not a saviour. Hutch has been unable to regain his '13/'14 & pre ASB '14/'15 form. Pav continues to be Pav. I really have to start wondering about the goalie coach. There is a pattern of goalies underperforming once they arrive on the Jets. Look at Hutch and remember it was more than just a half season in a tandem with the Jets. He was outstanding the entire season the year before playing a very heavy workload. His resume before that was pretty good too. So what happened? It could be that he began to be coached by Flaherty.

Awe great -- just another run of the mill goalie lol. Little early to declare him the saviour but I really wonder what more Helle can do to impress you. He's got an unbelievable resume & has backed that up with what a 70% quality start performance in the NHL so far. Where do you project run of the mill from that??

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
Is anyone concerned that there might not be any real movement at the trade deadline. The tanking dollar and cap concerns really seem to be putting a squeeze on the market.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Imagine how TB fans feel ie: Stamkos :eek:

We are not TB.

We have not drafted as well as TB.

We have not signed Free Agents as well as TB.

For these reasons we simply cannot afford to lose assets for nothing.

In addition:

We weren't touted to be the top contenders from the east.

Our FAs have publicly stated that they want to sign with WPG unlike Stamkos who doesn't seem like he wants to be there.

TB has 1.5 million in capspace, Jets have nearly 12. They have legitimate proven players to pay in the next couple of seasons unlike the Jets where fans have drawn up fantasies of guys like Lowry making 4.5 million

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
As far as Buff is concerned all you have to see was his look at me i'm skating in circles in the offensive zone and accomplishing nothing display last night. Lets face it 5 loses of this road seals the Jets fate if it isn't sealed already, 5 years with the core and leaders Buff and Ladd will have garnered one playoff appearance, do we really need another 5 years of discussing Ladds stupidity and general poor defensive play and Buffs ho hum attitude?

Terrible post. Do you think Buff was doing laps around the net for the sake of doing laps around the net? There was no open man and no shooting lane so instead shooting the puck into the shins of a Coyote player or trying to make a hopeful pass leading to a turnover like some of our other players would, he hung on to the puck, maintained posession in the o-zone and did not give the coyotes a chance. Pretty good play actually.

Buff was very good last night as usual. Both Myers and Trouba had a much worse game than him being responsible for plays that directly lead to goals

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
PS as much as I hated the penalty that Ladd took last night, I think people have to realize the game is not static.

Andrew Ladd is averaging about a minor every 4 games this year. Considering about half of those could easily be considered part of playing a physical game taking 5 minors through half a season isn't bad.

Yes, Ladd had a bad habit of taking stupid penalties but if you look at this season objectively he has been much better this year. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be pissed at him for that play last night, I'm just saying lets give credit where credit is due.

Well if he has only taken 5 minors this year, every one of them must have been a stupid one because it sure seems like one every second game for him. So frustrated seeing a captain who is supposed to be leading by example keep shooting the team in the foot taking those bad penalties at terrible times.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You give Chevy far too much credit. He has no more clue how to deal with Ladd than he did with Frolic. Frolic he should have paid the price; Ladd he should let go. Wanna bet he's 0 for 2 once this plays out.

You know this how exactly? What credentials do you have to efeectively evaluate a negotiation process?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is anyone concerned that there might not be any real movement at the trade deadline. The tanking dollar and cap concerns really seem to be putting a squeeze on the market.

Expiring contracts will still move. they have zero impact on next season

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Terrible post. Do you think Buff was doing laps around the net for the sake of doing laps around the net? There was no open man and no shooting lane so instead shooting the puck into the shins of a Coyote player or trying to make a hopeful pass leading to a turnover like some of our other players would, he hung on to the puck, maintained posession in the o-zone and did not give the coyotes a chance. Pretty good play actually.

Buff was very good last night as usual. Both Myers and Trouba had a much worse game than him being responsible for plays that directly lead to goals

Yes i do, Buff is a selfish player who constantly tries the same move in the offensive zone, of course that's when he's not busy missing the net with shots from the point. His play on d is extremely average and has more poor nights than good. I guess we are watching to different players

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Exactly - even with a slow start he's still clearly a top 6 player. Frustrated fans always need an outlet though, I guess. Heck - people have been blaming Pavelec and he hasn't played since November!

Uh, no. Maybe on the Jets, but not on a playoff team. Dump all you want on Georgetown, but Ladd does benefit from playing with Little and Wheeler most of his career. He's good around the net with tips and has a decent shot... but he's not an impact player. Even though he hasn't taken alot of penalties himself this year, he has not managed to stop his teammates from taking stupid penalties. This is the captain's job and he's failed miserably.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You know this how exactly? What credentials do you have to efeectively evaluate a negotiation process?

Yeh this whole "making things up" crap is getting old. Too much seeing what you wanna see and skewing reality to fit a narrative. Way too little objectivity when we lose around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad