Post-Game Talk: Jets and the Not so Special Teams - Now Playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
As I've said elsewhere, believe what you need to believe. I was alone in my belief, and I was right. I *knew* he would do better than average, and he did.

That had little to do with his ability beforehand, or his performance afterwards. It does not affect my judgment this season, as I have no similar knowledge of performance.

Ok, now I'm really curious. Maybe nobody's asked you this before. HOW did you know?

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jets are the 3rd best team in 5v5 goals per min.
Jets are about average at 5v5 goals against per min (17th to be exact).
Jets are the 9th best team in outscoring their opposition for 5v5.

THAT. SPECIAL. TEAMS. AND. FRIGIN. TAKING. PENALTIES.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
As I've said elsewhere, believe what you need to believe. I was alone in my belief, and I was right. I *knew* he would do better than average, and he did.

That had little to do with his ability beforehand, or his performance afterwards. It does not affect my judgment this season, as I have no similar knowledge of performance.

Ah ok I was going to ask if Hellebuyck would post over a .925 this season but I guess no one knows the answer to that. I think he will, but it would be kind of silly of me to proclaim I knew he was going to do that in hindsight.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Yeah I doubt any of those players are currently as effective a player as Ladd is. Burmi likely never will be. Ehlers perhaps might be in a few years and someday Petan might actually be good enough to play in the NHL.

I agree with that player assessment.

Ladd is being villainized by these contract negotiations.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Ok, now I'm really curious. Maybe nobody's asked you this before. HOW did you know?

I was the only one calling Ben Chiarot to have a good shot at sticking on the Jets once he gets the chance to do so and have an actual NHL career. He looked like the kind of player the Jets could really use as a supplementary piece. I was right after all but I never knew. Why should Derfel have KNOWN it? He believed in it, maybe had a couple of points why it would be likely enough to say it will happen and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad