Proposal: Jets and Kings Blockbuster Trade

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Hard to imagine Doughty leaving his buddies and the bright lights of L.A to go to Winnipeg. Perhaps if he hadn't enjoyed such great success with the Kings already.
King for life IMO.

Reactions: go4hockey

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Does Doughty even waive his NMC here? He’d be losing the warm weather and relative anonymity that L.A. offers. Winnipeg offers short-term competitiveness, but this is a guy with multiple Cups and Gold Medals already.
NMC doesn't kick in till next year I beleive

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I doubt Stanley has much for value, Kulikov obviously doesn't but I'm assuming he's there for cap reasons.

So essentially you are acquiring Doughty and Muzzin for Trouba, Roslovic, 1st & 2nd round picks.

Seems pretty bad for the Kings.

They would have to add Connor to the deal probably, and take out the 1st

Doughty
Muzzin

For

Trouba
Kulikov
Connor
Roslovic
Stanley
1st round pick

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
While I think Doughty would make Winnipeg neck and neck with Tampa in the talent department, a deal doesn't happen like this without Ehlers or Connor in the mix. With that being the case I walk away if i'm the Jets. The window is wide open for them and while they should be looking to get the over the top pieces, Connor and Ehlers are just too good. You can win without defense, Pitt showed that. Let the younger guys continue to mature and I think Winnipeg will be a-okay.

Reactions: Oddbob

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Jets Receive:

Doughty
Muzzin

Kings Receive:

Trouba
Roslovic
Kulikov
Stanley
1st Round Pick(2019)
1st Round Pick(2020)
This is a joke right? Not nearly enough for Doughty, And besides Trouba is looking at the east coast not west coast. Doughty will cost $11 million next season. No way Winnipeg can take on an $11 million contract still having to give big contracts to Laine and Connor respectively.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Doughty seems like a luxury. We already have Trouba and Byfuglien on RHD with Myers the 3rd RHD. Replacing Trouba with Doughty and gutting our future depth as well as giving up a young forward like Connor/Ehlers to make it happen just doesn't make much sense in the long run. I'm still worried Laine is going to get over 10M AAV even though his all around game doesn't warrant that kind of pay yet.

Reactions: Huffer

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Can't see any contending team trading multiple core pieces to make room for one 11M defenseman. If Doughty had went to UFA now that would have been a trade deadline whopper to land.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I wouldn't do this trade if I'm the Kings. 5 years from now Doughty is still going to be by far the best player in this deal, they can rebuild with him.

I don’t know about that, he has an insane amount of miles on his body already. All those playoff games, not to mention he plays 30 minutes a night anyway.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I’d be inclined to believe that too but when your team is the worst in the league and it’s star player is underperforming by a wide margin it seems to not warrant as much trade hype as there should be. But who knows..

Yeah i don't agree with anyone saying the jets would need to give up thst much

The jets are happily sitting in top 3
While the kings are in last place
But it's the jets who have to give up a bunch lol

Jets would say no. Kings are the ones in need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad