Proposal: Jets and Kings Blockbuster Trade

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Trouba is looking for 7m~(while Doughty is signed long term for 7m) or he walks and Kulikov is on the same term contract making 300k more annually compared to Muzzin.

So yes, it’s pretty much a wash contract wise.
Drew's new deal when it kicks in next yr is 11m

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
:jets Drew Doughty + Jeff Carter (1M Retained)

:kings Jake Trouba, Jack Roslovic, 1st, 2nd (2020), Niku, Perrault (Cap dump)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Trouba is looking for 7m~(while Doughty is signed long term for 7m) or he walks and Kulikov is on the same term contract making 300k more annually compared to Muzzin.

Doughty's extension is at 11 AAV.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
:jets Drew Doughty + Jeff Carter (1M Retained)

:kings Jake Trouba, Jack Roslovic, 1st, 2nd (2020), Niku, Perrault (Cap dump)

Not that that isn't a very nice package of young assets, a package that would return some great players, but it feels off for someone of Doughty's caliber. You need to start with someone like Ehlers or Connor. I personally would be curious if Laine would work in a trade for Doughty.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
As a jet fan i agree with what u said. We have to give up quality to get quality

I’d be inclined to believe that too but when your team is the worst in the league and it’s star player is underperforming by a wide margin it seems to not warrant as much trade hype as there should be. But who knows..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I’d be inclined to believe that too but when your team is the worst in the league and it’s star player is underperforming by a wide margin it seems to not warrant as much trade hype as there should be. But who knows..

When you're talking about Drew Doughty level players it doesn't really hurt trade value much if the team is struggling. If this deal happens it's because Chevy is gunning hard for the cup, that desire will set the price. The Kings aren't in a hurry, they only trade Doughty if they get an offer that can plausibly make for an improvement in a few years. Trouba plus Roslovic, etc... doesn't do that.

Reactions: kilowatt

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'd be ready to do Ehlers+Trouba for Doughty type deal. Jets can afford to give up a top 6 winger at this point. Perreault and Roslovic can move up to fill the gap instantly, and Vesalainen will probably be ready in a year

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
When you're talking about Drew Doughty level players it doesn't really hurt trade value much if the team is struggling. If this deal happens it's because Chevy is gunning hard for the cup, that desire will set the price. The Kings aren't in a hurry, they only trade Doughty if they get an offer that can plausibly make for an improvement in a few years. Trouba plus Roslovic, etc... doesn't do that.

So Karlsson isn’t a Doughty level player?

Anyways, I don’t know what the Kings(organizion) want but for them to get a quality player like Trouba, potential future 2C in Roslovic and 2 1st Round picks(as well as a former 1st Round pick in Stanley) it would seem like a nice place to start with a potential rebuild(as they have a great chance at getting Hughes this season).

Reactions: Moon Man

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Drew make 11 per starting next year. LA won’t be moving Drew.

Reactions: deaderhead28

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Anyways, I don’t know what the Kings(organizion) want but for them to get a quality player like Trouba, potential future 2C in Roslovic and 2 1st Round picks(as well as a former 1st Round pick in Stanley) it would seem like a nice place to start with a potential rebuild(as they have a great chance at getting Hughes this season).

EK was 1 year from UFA while Drew is signed long term. His value is higher than EK. Plus LA is not looking to move him so it would be costly to pry him out of LA.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I prefer Doughty anyways, less health worries. But the most important distinction is that Karlsson isn't signed long term. Ottawa couldn't just hold onto him and rebuild around him. And rebuilding around Doughty is a better option for Los Angeles than Trouba and Roslovic - even if it takes 5 years to emerge from a rebuild, a 35 year old Doughty is still more valuable than all of that put together.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad