Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Panthers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I just like the fact that we are generating a lot of good scoring chances on all 4 lines so far. I feel like anyone of them can score at any time and we haven't had that since our conference final run. The Butcher of Barrie is back and playing with a vengeance. Really loving the 1st line playing great all over the ice. Vilardi is so good on the boards in the D zone and in the O zone, I am seeing that he is freeing Scheif and Connor both up and they are really taking advantage of it.

Ill put the brakes on Kupari just a bit. Good useful player just like Barron is but I am not sure if he can be consistent with his scoring just because like Barron he doesn't have a knack for it. But honestly he is a pretty great upgrade on the 4th line and it will pay dividends for us going forward.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Och, Aye... and I missed a great game, befeckit engagements!

I've watched the JoMo handoff now about a dozen times on TSN... lovely stuff.

Coelacanth of the game

Captain Lurchalot (Big Adam Lowry)

View attachment 753244

coelacanths.jpg

Salmonid of the game

Josh Morrissey

Josh-Morrissey-ready-for-slapper.jpg

knockout-fish.gif

I am guilty as charged of still passing the dumb guy test. It’s not just my chuckling at the slapstick humour of a wave/fish combo knocking over a reporter on the scene of the storm with no audio.

It’s the fact I can’t can’t stop laughing that really cements my status. It was funny the first time PS but I’m not sure you should still be chuckling uncontrollably after the 6th replay.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
2 games in and 2 well played games in the books.....Keep it up and we will win our fair share of games IF we stay healthy.....

Reactions: GNP

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Pionk on for the last 2 goals against and then gives Tkachuk a shorthanded breakaway. Why is he viewed as a player that should be on the ice when we're down a man or defending a lead is beyond me.
Pionk has been trash for years. There are all these rumors of the Jets trying to move a D man. Hope it's Pionk.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Wow. I guess we have to go into - just be happy to have a team - mode. It could end soon.

Look at the bright side. We had a contender window of 1 year in 2017-18. Every other year, Chevy got a free pass because 'the cupboards were bare' or because 'Byf's ankle'. With an NHL franchise now worth $1B, I don't know how long the owners will be willing to subsidize the team. Hope things pick up fast - maybe it was because it was an afternoon game.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Wow. I guess we have to go into - just be happy to have a team - mode. It could end soon.

Look at the bright side. We had a contender window of 1 year in 2017-18. Every other year, Chevy got a free pass because 'the cupboards were bare' or because 'Byf's ankle'. With an NHL franchise now worth $1B, I don't know how long the owners will be willing to subsidize the team. Hope things pick up fast - maybe it was because it was an afternoon game.
Without having the numbers in front of me to crunch, I wonder if the increased revenue from the new lounge seating options offset a couple of thousand unsold regular seats.

As others have said, TNSE is not solely reliant on gate revenue. For those that forgot, the reason the last jets moved wasn't a revenue issue - it was the lease agreement with Winnipeg Enterprises Corporaiton.

Lots of teams play in front of half full barns regularly and find a way to stay afloat. Even with 2000 unsold tickets, CLC was at 87% capacity

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Without having the numbers in front of me to crunch, I wonder if the increased revenue from the new lounge seating options offset a couple of thousand unsold regular seats.

As others have said, TNSE is not solely reliant on gate revenue. For those that forgot, the reason the last jets moved wasn't a revenue issue - it was the lease agreement with Winnipeg Enterprises Corporaiton.

Lots of teams play in front of half full barns regularly and find a way to stay afloat. Even with 2000 unsold tickets, CLC was at 87% capacity
Hope you are right.

I think back to the botched Forever Winnipeg campaign that read like a threat to the fan base. And I always assumed a Winnipeg Jets home opener would be a sellout. Never ass u me is the lesson for me.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com

As long as Arizona is in the league, we will be fine...:thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hope you are right.

I think back to the botched Forever Winnipeg campaign that read like a threat to the fan base. And I always assumed a Winnipeg Jets home opener would be a sellout. Never ass u me is the lesson for me.
I think we're all still scarred from losing 1.0 to some degree and that campaign stirred up some anxiety

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The org has to win back the goodwill it has lost over the last number of years. That takes time. We have a perfect case study with the Bombers. They were inept for decades and had lulls in attendance. Now they are well run and a powerhouse and fans can't stay away.

If this team continues to play as well and entertaining as it has the first two games then the fans will return. But the last two years probably left a real bad taste in many's mouth.

I'm not really surprised after the second half collapse and the game 5 drama that fans are a bit hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad