Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Mild 3

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Well that was groovy. The fellas were good.
Vilardi and Monahan are huge upgrades.
And our favorite Ginger pots one.

1708487298804.gif

Last edited:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
You want stats? Here's some stats for ya...

Nobody got injured or suspended.

"Brad Lauer? Yeah I've heard of the guy."
The Lauerplay is red hot. Don't take a penalty against the Winnipeg Jets or it's going to burn your team. Please keep making us all pay for our doubts Brad.

Money Money Monahan only cost a 1st? Someone tent Kent Hughes his pants are around his ankles.

Minnesota scored 7 more goals against the Canucks, who are the best team in the league. They could only score 3 against The Boys in Double Blue, so who is really the best team in the NHL? (Especially when you consider those same Canucks couldn't handle The Jets on Saturday night.)

The only reason The Jets play so poorly in Calgary is because the Flames play inside a giant saddle. That's something Polly Pocket would do.

Structure and sensibility don't hold a candle to winning. Right now Winnipeg Jets hockey is ridiculous but it's damn fun and there will be no late season nose dive.

Logan 'The Tower of Terror' Stanley might be a faulty tower, but he's our tower damn it! The kid's got Mankind WWF title run energy about him.

LB ain't a backup, we just call him one.

I can't wait until Marc Andre retires.

Here's the nastiest mash to toast these nasty Jets. The chains are off!

People were mad giving up a late first that highly likely doesn't turn into anything for Monahan. Who now has the second most goals on this team.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good response after that shitty game yesterday. Jets still aren't controlling the play like we're used to them doing so. They continue the run of letting the other team cycle and create HDZ chances. Feels too much like Maurice hockey for my liking. Puck management is an issue for sure. I don't hate Stanley coming in tonight, but question the roster decision that went into it.

At least Pionk didn't have as bad a game, but his was far from the worst game I saw. That top 6 is in dire need of a shake up. They are porous defensively and are out of sync. As annoying as it is, Ehlers isn't playing any better than Vilardi to get him on to the top line. Chef's attention to detail in the DZ is waning as well, which can't carry KFC at all.

But hey, we really chose Stanley over Chisholm. Chisholm looked like an NHL defenseman. Good for him. Jets could use another puck mover on the back end. Instead, Cheveldayoff is going out to trade for one that's been tested in the rigors of the post-season.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Pretty decent game but we needed Brossoit to be good.

Kyle Connor with the worst +- on the team. -5.
I’m not super familiar with +-. Can someone tell me if this includes power plays or not?

Because if it does, that’s a real issue for this team. If so, I can’t imagine what his 5on5 +- is. Several big defensive lapses again tonight.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game:

This is unusual, but the award goes out to the entire third line.

#17 Lowry, #22 Apples, #62 Nino

licensed-image

licensed-image

licensed-image

They won this game with great consistent play all the way. Nino's empty netter was all thanks to the runaway Mack truck vibe that Lowry brings - the beGuiled wouldn't try too hard to check him.

2qzvI8.gif

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Brossoit fantastic. Deserves a lot of credit

PP good.

3rd line with a great effort, during parts of the they were the only line doing anything positive.

2nd line not great but strung together some good shifts in the 3rd.

Top line was as the folks on the main boards call it these days is "horror bad". That is not how a real contender's 18-20 mins a line plays. This continues their run of not being able to out chance or outscore opponents since being reunited.

Like I said in the GDT, I didn't expect them to be great after watching them in the Pittsburgh/Philly games but they have been even worse than my low expectations. Their underlying numbers are at the level of the old Scheifele-Wheeler lines playing in front of the Morrissey-Poolman pairing after Wheeler had lost a step level bad and the eyetest agrees. If Bones doesn't do anything about it, we are headed for a 1st round exit.

Watching Connor for me now is giving me Laine/Myers level of frustration.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Stickmen tonight, the Mild bore me. LB made some huge saves tonight, Monahan impressive, Vilardi impressive and streaky, Ehlers spinning his wheels, Vladdy does the little things and now fights. Slammy continues his fine play, PP okay. Third line goodness. Jets were outplayed for stretches in this game but where it counts they came out winners. Keep collecting points

164813-AEA37F13-74F0-4112-B25B-4DB73F680DD8-0-1597228015.gif

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
People were mad giving up a late first that highly likely doesn't turn into anything for Monahan. Who now has the second most goals on this team.
It looks like another Chev master class so far. I was critical of him last year, but since the off season he's been doing everything right. Monahan is money and looks like the perfect addition to the forward corps. Very smart player.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
What a difference 24 hrs makes … I had to double check to make sure I was at the right Jets board the other one yesterday was doom and gloom.
yeah i thought we were gonna have an OT game for sure, 3 goal win is better

It looks like another Chev master class so far. I was critical of him last year, but since the off season he's been doing everything right. Monahan is money and looks like the perfect addition to the forward corps. Very smart player.
we can prolly flip Mony for a Lindholms + a 1st

:allears:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad