Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Canucks 0 - Tacos for Everyone (*offer not valid in Manitoba)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Sorry man but I don’t even really get this type of fandom. Playoffs are just a time to let go and hope for the best. Sports history is littered with the unexpected. Why burden yourself with dread before it even starts. In all honesty if I felt like you do before it even starts I don’t get why you even pay attention.

I'm unemployed, and there's nothing else that really interests me on TV? :laugh:

It also doesn't help that I've been very pessimistic lately. For a variety of reasons. :dunno:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
CSW were doing all the things I thought they forgot how to do - very encouraging
- Getting shots on net
- Traffic in front
- Cycle game that reminded me of when these guys could really cycle
- Hard on the forecheck
- Taking it to the net
- Hard work

The Lowry line just keeps getting better - they shut down everything and will drive McD crazy.

Stan needs to stay in - he's good.
I like this d group as good as anything we can put together - I'd leave it as is going into next week (no Poolman)

I like the new guy too but probably no room for him

Nicely done lads - carry that edge into the PO's and who knows.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
May the JETS be with us!
upload_2021-5-11_22-18-38.gif

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Pretty impressive game by everyone tonight. CSW, Stastny, Appleton, and Toninato especially. Morrissey too was trying things that he hadn't tried since before he made the NHL.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm unemployed, and there's nothing else that really interests me on TV? :laugh:

It also doesn't help that I've been very pessimistic lately. For a variety of reasons. :dunno:
Then just throw caution into the wind. Both the Leafs and Oilers are imperfect teams that can be beat. After that it will get a lot harder but by then we would have already had a hell of a nice ride.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Funny thing, the Jets played pretty much as well as they did last night but the w somehow means they played great when people said they were shit last night.

They've put a string of good games together, have improved defensively and have really started to find their offensive confidence.

If it's true that Wheeler was playing with cracked ribs earlier this season he's a beast. Beauty first goal by him.

Toninato with a nice debut. Simple, perfect game from a 4th liner.

Hellebuyck didn't have to stand on his head but made some nice stops.

A strong effort against the Leafs Friday and I'll be feeling pretty good going into the playoffs.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

That really is unfortunate for you my Hf Jets Friend. This has been a rough year for many and it's obviously hit you as hard as anyone. I wondered why you had not been posting as much. If it is of any help, I'm available to connect with you if you want to DM me back. I don't mean to intrude, only to offer support in a manner you feel comfortable with.

All the Best and Hopefully you return to employment soon.

Cheers

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked that we saw Morrissey and Pionk start to walk the line and be more aggressive offensively, it opens other options up when they do it. We need to see some more of it.

The team also has been pretty aggressive with the stretch pass the last few games, will be interesting if that is one of their wrinkles to try to beat the trap.

I thought Dubois and his line had another solid night but they haven't been rewarded on the score sheet. They are the next line we need to get going.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
canucks are trash defensively.... jets offense naturally gonna look good. still dont want to see wheeler scheif connor line against oilers.... mcdavid gonna light them up. seperate them once ehlers is back.

Reactions: rkp

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Tonight's score had a lot more to do with Vancouver than Winnipeg. Canucks players were just standing around and watching the Jets play. However, they clearly showed up with some energy and played well. Having Pionk back is night and day. What a dynamic player he is. With pionk the Jets have a transition game on two of the defense pairings instead of just relying Morrisey to create from the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad