Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Canucks 0 - Tacos for Everyone (*offer not valid in Manitoba)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I was pumped when I got had a decisive ‘statement’ shutout against Montreal and then glad once we got a shutout to break the losing streak against Calgary

Its nice we got a shutout against a garbage team and Braden Holtby - let’s hold off on the Jack Adams for now.

Reactions: rkp and GumbyCan2

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hopefully PLD get more ice time last game so he can get in the flow.

Our big boys (csw) don't need to over extended this last game.

If Matthews playing or Tavares match him up with them.

Lets go coach!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad the team had back to back games where they have played pretty well. Losing streaks, even meaningless ones standings wise, are painful to endure but they do come to an end. All that counts now is what kind of run can the team get on. We are catching McDavid on his career season so we are legit prohibitive underdogs but it’s hockey and hockey is weird so I will remain hopeful.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
So, Wheeler was playing with a cracked rib earlier this year.
Just sit a few games man...
FB_IMG_1620821742519.jpg

Earlier in the season didnt he say he was not injured?

But Mo hinted it?

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So, Wheeler was playing with a cracked rib earlier this year.
Just sit a few games man...

Yeah why the heck would you not pull him out of the lineup to let it heal. Instead we play him big minutes and he pulls his line down.

I know some will treat it as a worrior playing through pain to help the team but he wasn't helping the team with how awful he was playing. Maurice should have pulled him out.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Playing Wheeler with a cracked rib is utterly stupid. He's not so critical to the teams success at this point that he can't miss games when he's injured...especially games early in the regular season. It's nonsense. "Pain tolerance" my ass. I think Mo has a man crush on Wheeler.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Glad to see the switch was flipped this week

giphy.gif

That's a couple of good games in a row now which is encouraging. Nice to see flashes of the Wheeler of old, and also great to see Appleton get rewarded for his efforts going to the net. I suppose the real question is that with Vancouver out of the way and Toronto and Edmonton on deck, can they sustain it or was this just a pleasant little break from this team's freefall?

Reactions: Guardian17

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
View attachment 433063

Earlier in the season didnt he say he was not injured?

But Mo hinted it?

Yep. I've posted Wheeler's quote before, but basically he was asking us to believe that if he's "in the lineup, he's 100%." Now we know that he wasn't anywhere near 100%, and was nonetheless in the lineup playing heavy minutes and making the team worse. That strikes me as less heroic than selfish, but whatevs, hockey culture, leadership, etc.

Good fun game, great to see a flat-out rush game without giving away the bank, and should give the lads some confidence heading into the POs.

Thought the top three lines were strong, 4th line def has their shortcomings minus MP85 -- but if Ehlers gets in then MP will be back there anyway to shore them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad