jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
when did he ever say he didnt want to?

this whole non story is just something big ole gary decided to make up

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011

Hey, nobody...but nobody..... can unearth and get to the bottom of a non-story, quite like Gary Lawless.

Last edited:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

During his days in St. Johns he posted to instagram about how he missed his KHL team and thought it was time to go home. Which could ofcourse just mean he'd rather play in the KHL than the AHL.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Do people even read what is written before commenting. Not to nitpick, but the link is from the Sun. Lawless works for the WFP.

Ken Wiebe wrote it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
During his days in St. Johns he posted to instagram about how he missed his KHL team and thought it was time to go home. Which could ofcourse just mean he'd rather play in the KHL than the AHL.

I'm pretty sure his agent said that the account was a fake and was not Burmistrov's.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
Do people even read what is written before commenting. Not to nitpick, but the link is from the Sun. Lawless works for the WFP.

Ken Wiebe wrote it.

yes but the whole burmi story was created by gary
100% false and a made up story by good ole gary

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Thats the point...
Its (to some extent) refuting what Lawless has written.

What does it refute that Lawless wrote? Lawless didn't claim that Burmistrov wanted out but rather that there were issues between coach and player, and additionally that Chevy was taking inquiries about Burmistrov. I'm unable to find anything at all in this Sun article that refutes any of the preceding.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
What does it refute that Lawless wrote? Lawless didn't claim that Burmistrov wanted out but rather that there were issues between coach and player, and additionally that Chevy was taking inquiries about Burmistrov. I'm unable to find anything at all in this Sun article that refutes any of the preceding.

Basically what we have here, is HF board members, making up stories about Gary, making up stories about Burmistrov.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Whatever the story, I'm glad that Burmi is here. He is fun and exciting to watch with huge upside potential. Aside from a couple late turnovers when the whole team looked gassed, he IMHO was the best Jet on the ice last night.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Basically what we have here, is HF board members, making up stories about Gary, making up stories about Burmistrov.

tumblr_m6np0cVIXV1rthmb0o1_500_zpsfbb9b4a6.gif

WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Sorry, I should have said what Lawless stated on radio.

Around the deadline he made a comments along the line:
Burmistrov is not happy with his role (obviously)
Change of scenery may be best for Burmi and the team
Some comment about KHL flight risk
Doesn't get on well Noel

You're right, he never said Burmistrov wanted out.
I was reading into all the things he alluded which led me to believe given the choice he would get away from Noel and get a fresh start.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I enjoyed watching his line with Tangradi and Santorelli. I think I only facepalmed once at something he did, which is an improvement. I was pleasantly surprised that he dumped the puck a few times rather than attempting to deke out 4 guys.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Wants to be here, doesn't mean he wants to play by Noel's rules.

Although I hope he does. For his sake and ours.

Same.

Although perhaps Burmi is onto something... Noel "trusts" Wright, Thorburn and Jokinen and they have been amomg the least effective Jets at both 5 on 5 scoring and goal prevention. Burmi had been pretty effective at both.

seasontixholder*

Wants to be here, doesn't mean he wants to play by Noel's rules.

Although I hope he does. For his sake and ours.

Burmi will be here longer than Noel. So I don't think he's too worried about it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Same.

Although perhaps Burmi is onto something... Noel "trusts" Wright, Thorburn and Jokinen and they have been amomg the least effective Jets at both 5 on 5 scoring and goal prevention. Burmi had been pretty effective at both.
I know you're an advanced stats guy. Do the stats actually point to Wright being ineffective defensively? I've thought he's looked good in that regard.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I know you're an advanced stats guy. Do the stats actually point to Wright being ineffective defensively? I've thought he's looked good in that regard.

His numbers are really really bad, but I think that had more to do with his linemates than anything.

Seems like a nice complimentary piece to me, but not the type to drive a line with Thorburn into the plus.

Speaking of which, Burmi actually pushed Thor's Corsi from second last on the team into the plus. Didn't think that was possible.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

The advance stats aren't very pretty for Wright when you look at surface level. I'll compare Burmi and Wright for you guys.

Wrights zone starts are about 50/50 and he faces slightly sheltered competition. Burmistrov is pushed into the ozone a bit and he faces middle of the road competition.
For RelCorsi Burmistrov has the best and Wright has the worst.
The only linemate to have a positive Corsi when lined with Wright is Peluso. Almost everyone has a positive Corsi with Burmistrov (I think there's only like 1 or 2).

That being said you can partially see why when you dig in deeper or just using what you see.
Wright is good at keeping the play from being dangerous due to his defensive acumen, much like Burmistrov, which you can see this by both having a pretty solid (and nearly identical in the 24s) SA/60.
But, he can't push the play forward well, unlike Burmistrov, and has never been able to create much in the offensive zone, which you can see by Burmistrov having a good SF/60 (26) but not so much for Wright (20).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad