• Braden Schneider

• Patrick Nemo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Last night was the equivalent of going to the Garden and expecting to see Hulk Hogan squash match on a jobber but instead got Hacksaw Jim Duggan struggle for a win against Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi.

It was a tough assignment. Beat a team facing elimination while avoiding injury. They pulled it off and got a shutout to boot.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Thought Chytil had a very good game, especially the second half.

Fingers crossed he is taking the next step

It really seems like he's starting to understand that he can be an absolute wrecking ball on the rush in terms of carrying the puck. More and more often I'm seeing defenders trying to squeeze him out on the boards and he just powers through with the puck like an ox.

Please press like this during the playoffs.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Just another shutout...Good to see Igor looking confident and dominating.

Not at all concerned about Miller. He's still a young kid. Good learning experience for him.

Can't be understated how important it is for our kids to have the benefit of good coaching and good experienced players to play alongside and learn from. That is going to pay dividends in the long term.

And it was sweet to be able to watch the Islanders with another loss at home in OT after giving up a lead. Icing on the cake.

Reactions: Ola

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kreider has ONE empty net goals this season, just crazy

Panarin: 4
Strome: 2
Goodrow: 2
Copp*: 2
Trouba: 1
Motte*: 1
Kreider: 1
Hunt: 1
Vatrano*: 1
Rooney: 1
Fox: 1
Lindgren:1

*w/ two teams
Meanwhile Ovechkin has 11 (!) ENG this season. Kreider would've already broken the Rangers' single season record for goals if he was as motivated to inflate his personal numbers, which I wish he was. He's been out there with the empty net so many times, there's at least 3 or 4 times this season alone where he had an open shot at the net but passed to his teammate to give them the goal. Which I appreciate his unselfishness and he cares more about the team than his numbers, but come on man you can break the team's record for most goals in a season, that's pretty freaking cool.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Meanwhile Ovechkin has 11 (!) ENG this season. Kreider would've already broken the Rangers' single season record for goals if he was as motivated to inflate his personal numbers, which I wish he was. He's been out there with the empty net so many times, there's at least 3 or 4 times this season alone where he had an open shot at the net but passed to his teammate to give them the goal. Which I appreciate his unselfishness and he cares more about the team than his numbers, but come on man you can break the team's record for most goals in a season, that's pretty freaking cool.

My memory isn't what it used to be but, was it Kreider that scored the EN goal one game where he was going to pass it off but Panarin abruptly stopped skating and turned away? Essentially forcing him to score?

Or was that someone other than Kreider?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
My memory isn't what it used to be but, was it Kreider that scored the EN goal one game where he was going to pass it off but Panarin abruptly stopped skating and turned away? Essentially forcing him to score?

Panarin once offered Kreids to complete a hatty via an EN but Kreids declined so Bread scored himself - looked to be angry with Kreids afterwards))

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Panarin once offered Kreids to complete a hatty via an EN but Kreids declined so Bread scored himself - looked to be angry with Kreids afterwards))
It's amazing how different the culture is across two sports.

In hockey, guys will go out of their way and sometimes make outright dumb plays to get an assist instead of a goal.

In football, your RW and center forward might get in a knife fight over a loose ball.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

In hockey, guys will go out of their way and sometimes make outright dumb plays to get an assist instead of a goal.

In football, your RW and center forward might get in a knife fight over a loose ball.
Sadio no likey Mo no siree =P

Yeah it's refreshing for sure, but the cost of every single goal and game is different too. Cost in more ways than one...

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta

That rings a bell but there was one where Panarin literally stopped and turned away. Almost went to bench, and Panarin was seen chuckling after while still on the ice near the bench. But I'm not sure it was Kreider he turned from. All good, maybe I dreamt it lol

Cheers!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I believe it was Panarin trying to pass it to Kreider to get him a hattrick but Kreider just turned away and forced Panarin into scoring the ENG. And Panarin had a weird reaction basically looking at Kreider after scoring being like "Wtf bro?"

• Haha
Reactions: Unpredictable1

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
It really seems like he's starting to understand that he can be an absolute wrecking ball on the rush in terms of carrying the puck. More and more often I'm seeing defenders trying to squeeze him out on the boards and he just powers through with the puck like an ox.

Please press like this during the playoffs.
He’s also realizing what he can and cannot do at this level. He is not good enough to dangle (not consistently anyway) and when he tries, he usually gets himself into trouble.

What he does have is great speed and leg strength. He can be a bull on the forecheck, but I’m betting this is the first time in his life he is more of a role player than “ the guy”. It seems like he is finally realizing this and is much better off for it.

The Chytil we have seen in the last month or two is a valuable player

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's sad because it's taken nearly 50 years to do it again. That's all.
Yeah, might be sad.....but a shutout is difficult enough in itself.
then adding 2 more consecutively and depending on WHO you play, like what if Colorado was next opponent? Anyone taking bets to shut them out? Or, Florida? Thankfully its the Islanders. We OWE them a whitewashing, but NEED TO score 1st, and 2nd and then an empty netter, exactly like Winnipeg. Recipe for success vs those shitheads. Get it!

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
First time since 1973 we've shutout three straight opponents. That's great and sad at the same time.
That's not sad at all.

We're only the 55th team to ever do it. That means it's happening just north of once every two years.

And just glancing through the list, roughly 36 of those 55 happened in some sort of Dead Puck Era. We did it in the highest scoring season since 93-94.

Having four 50-goal scorers is sad.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Igor locked in again. Great sign.

When he’s locked in we can beat anyone.

I think him and Geo should split the remaining games, unless they really are trying for 1st place, Next week against Montreal is a given for Geo, but maybe give him the Islanders tomorrow and Capitals for the last game of the season if they are not playing for anything.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Other than on empty nets I don't think anyone ever gives assists to help someone else they make the assists because either they're better assist guys than scorers or because they think that moving the goalie side to side gives them a better chance to score than a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad