Post-Game Talk: Jet the Eff Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
All and all the last two games they have played better but lost. It was nice to see a little fight and to battle back in the game.

Bratt was clearly a huge missing piece and I almost wonder if they would have gotten off to a better start with him.

I thought Yak looked good considering he was playing against a big forward group. He showed some nice wheels and ability to stay with guys I thought. I don’t feel he is that bad at actually playing defense. I feel like each game you see him learn angles and positioning more and more. Which makes sense considering how new he is to the NA game.

While Hall is on or damn close to his scoring pace last year I believe he still seems like he is fighting it some games. Maybe he is just trying to do to much at times.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t get the Kinkaid hate. He’s arguably been our most consistent player this year
I don't think he's great, but the fact of the matter is he's playing beyond his capabilities right now. His capabilities being someone that I don't think you'd want to play 60-70 games for you. And if you don't think he is, then I don't see why does deserve a lot of praise. I think he deserves more praise because of his situation and having to play all these games because Schneider threw a rod long ago.

Outside of that? He's been fine. Not spectacular, but fine.

As I've said, I'm ready to see either a whole new tandem next year or Kinkaid splitting with some kind of decent insurance policy.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
You would call this a good lose if we weren’t in the middle of a **** sandwich.

This game on its own merits was alright.

If they had a PP that was better then 1 for their last 21 they might be in ok shape overall.

Yea that’s true. I just feel like they have played much better the last couple games the then few before is all.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
they gave 10, maybe 15 minutes of actual effort and sustained pressure. they didn’t deserve the point, but i’ll definitely take it

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If they had a PP that was better then 1 for their last 21 they might be in ok shape overall.

And if we didn't already have a tease like the Isles game that was just the appetizer for tonight as it turned out.

0-5 in OT...we seriously might match the 0-13 shootout record of 2013-2014, in OT in 2018-19. We're going to miss the playoffs because we suck in OT just like we missed then because of the damn shootout.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
they gave 10, maybe 15 minutes of actual effort and sustained pressure. they didn’t deserve the point, but i’ll definitely take it

Eh I think they were fine the first two but the third period and OT they really fell flat until they spasmed to life for a brief period late in the third and first shift of OT.

Reactions: Verdoux

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
replying to a previous post in the last threadd but yes i expect hischier or any nhl player who is gassed to just chip thst puck out giving the situation. if you ice it then you have a coin flip to regain possession and leave 40 seconds left on the clock. if you softly play it into the corner then your team can potentially make a change and leave 35 seconds with a rush to defend. if you turn the puck over then you face a 2-1 down low with tired defenders in a prime scoring area. he made a good play then decided poorly to not just clear the zone.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
i also think nico is the least of our problems but hes not also the answer. hes going to be a great player. no questions asked.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And if we didn't already have a tease like the Isles game that was just the appetizer for tonight as it turned out.

0-5 in OT...we seriously might match the 0-13 shootout record of 2013-2014, in OT in 2018-19. We're going to miss the playoffs because we suck in OT just like we missed then because of the damn shootout.

usa_today_10398795.0.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never wanted the real Moore back, but it might have been nice if we could a new Moore to maybe serve a reclamation project. You know, like someone who is the age Moore was when first brought him on? It's rare to find UFA's like that though, as they're usually not that young and are only UFA's when they aren't tendered an offer by their former team.

Reactions: nugg

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Moore in OT was worth keeping. His skating ability and size absolutely helped us get the puck and take off the other way in the blink of an eye, where as Severson and Vatanen are not nearly as quick, and in Vats case, so much smaller.

Moore also had a damn good shot. No way if he was on this team do we lose that game, because at some point he grabs the puck and takes off the other way, or is up Hall and Nico's ass on that botched 2-0.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Btw, what is that now? 5th game in a row we lost? So now a 5 game losing streak that realistically can be 6 after the Lightning game?

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Also, if we were 0-5 in the shootout vs OT, would people be throwing up pics of Josefson or wishing we had played Stafford more?

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I never wanted the real Moore back, but it might have been nice if we could a new Moore to maybe serve a reclamation project. You know, like someone who is the age Moore was when first brought him on? It's rare to find UFA's like that though, as they're usually not that young and are only UFA's when they aren't tendered an offer by their former team.
I wanted Duclair (non tendered), too bad he signed elsewhere, he has some good numbers this year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I think the album was called Shark Sandwich. It was released before Smell the Glove.

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad