Prospect Info: Jesse Ylönen - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
We can't bury players like Hoffman and Armia in Laval. It will ruin our reputation amongst players in the league apparently.
And yet we buried Alzner in the AHL. I don't think there are any players the Habs would want who would be buried at any point in time, I don't see the problem, the players can't be held unaccountable for their own performance.

Reactions: Zilo44 and Kaladin

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
And yet we buried Alzner in the AHL. I don't think there are any players the Habs would want who would be buried at any point in time, I don't see the problem, the players can't be held unaccountable for their own performance.
Agreed, it’s not like Armia and Hoffman are core leaders as well. I get why players might feel otherwise for a Gallagher for instance. But no one cares about Hoffman

Reactions: BLONG7 and Guess

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If placed on waivers, he will surely be claimed. He's a right handed forward with elite skating, decent production in limited minutes and a former 2nd round pick with a fairly successful development track record. No way he clears IMO.
We say that every year when we have a tweener in the organization but they eventually don't get claimed because most of the other teams in the league also have their own Ylonens...

I remember the idea of putting Hudon on waivers was viewed as asinine around here and he cleared...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Neither is that guy with the elite skating someone talked about, LOL.

LOL, and when we get one, and he is even really GOOD, some fans want to trade him before he hits 30, to emulate all those teams that won Cups with no one over 30, like....., like....., like..... oh, no one ever.
It's been how long since a native son has wanted to come home? And is actually a good player?

Think back, who has actually wanted to play for the Habs, born and bred in Que?
There have been guys like Paquette, Perrault, and Savard, but those are not really big name ufa's

As for your comment, when we get one, please don't tell me you are talking Drouin? LOL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We can talk about Hoffman and co monopolizing icetime all we want, but Ylonen didn't help his own case by just doing ok with the opportunities given to him last season.
That's just it, he did not get much TOI................while guys like Hoff and Armia did while we finished the year with a ton of injuries.
Guys like Hoff and Armia were on a line with Suzuki at one point......sad. Those two guys are in no way part of the future, where a guy like Ylonen certainly should be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's just it, he did not get much TOI................while guys like Hoff and Armia did while we finished the year with a ton of injuries.
Guys like Hoff and Armia were on a line with Suzuki at one point......sad. Those two guys are in no way part of the future, where a guy like Ylonen certainly should be.

What do you think Suzuki thinks? Play with established NHL players or have guys like Ylonen and RHP on his wing? Answers will vary.

Just saying, we would like to move out our vets but they are really not blocking our youth. Nowhere near the level some of us are focusing on. I guess it's July, we are board.

We say that every year when we have a tweener in the organization but they eventually don't get claimed because most of the other teams in the league also have their own Ylonens...

I remember the idea of putting Hudon on waivers was viewed as asinine around here and he cleared...

50/50 chance Ylonen gets claimed IMO. He does have that skating/size and great shot. Production/development is solid.

Rather not loose him to waivers but would we be giving away a top 6F or a middle 6F type? My bet would be middle 6F type (at best).

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's been how long since a native son has wanted to come home? And is actually a good player?

There have been guys like Paquette, Perrault, and Savard, but those are not really big name ufa's

As for your comment, when we get one, please don't tell me you are talking Drouin? LOL.
For Price sake, we have one NOW!!!

Jeezus.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

For Price sake, we have one NOW!!!

Jeezus.

Mike Matheson.

Also QC stars are just bad right now PLD is like the biggest guy to go UFA in recent history I can't even think of anybody else, like Huberdeau? Didint really get the chance to get him , Bergeron? Same thing never had a chance to inquire.

We aren't missing on much whatsoever lmao hockey Quebec is in shambles

Reactions: BLONG7

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The two-way pretty much means they think Armia/Hoffman has more value than him and there is no place on the line-up for him.

I hope the kids will get picked-up on waivers, because he has no future with the Habs at this point.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
According to Renaud Lavoie, it is 775K (200K in Laval with a guaranteed 275K total).

Excellent contract value! A prove it to us and earn your spot type of contract.

And even if kept in the NHL it gives a lot of flexibility to do all the paper transactions required prior to day 1 to get under the cap, put Price on LTIR and then recall players using that relief.

Reactions: BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would have gone back to Europe before accepting a 2 way deal. Obviously the Habs care very little about this player.
I like Pez, but he gets a 2 year deal and Ylonen doesn't?

This doesn't bode well for the opportunities Ylonen will get. Kid needs to play to get reps in and get comfortable at the NHL level. Even with his limited usage he scored at about a 35 points pace over 82 games. He can't get that up to 40 points with a regular shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad