Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi to MN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm intrigued by this kid. He has all the intangibles to be a star. We’ve seen players like him fall out of the league before, but he still has a chance at being a nice NHLer. I think he would fit in really nicely in MN with all the Fins. What would the ask for him be? Would it have to be roster players or futures?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd imagine Coyle-ish would be the basis. Or Zucker.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Pistol Pete is trying to hang onto the job he already should've been fired from so yes it would have to be roster players.

Basically you'd have to trade someone like Coyle or Zucker which probably doesn't make sense for the Wild.

Wild would want him for cheap because he hasn't done anything in the NHL as of now and the Oilers have no reason to give up on him now.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No. Not unless it’s for its part of a package for Dumba, which the wild wouldn’t do.

So short answer- No. the oilers need to keep Puljujarvi and put him next to McDavid for the next decade

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
No. Not unless it’s for its part of a package for Dumba, which the wild wouldn’t do.

So short answer- No. the oilers need to keep Puljujarvi and put him next to McDavid for the next decade

That would be the smart thing to do. But chiarelli is your GM. So what’s realistic? A couple C prospects and a 3rd?

Kidding. I would keep him if I were Edmonton too.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
This won‘t end well.
Oilers fans think Pulju is a second Kurri to their #97.
They‘ll ask for the world and parts of the moon for him

In reality he seems to be a little bit too stupid to become a first liner. So atm he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick with a bust warning sign above him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This won‘t end well.

In reality he seems to be a little bit too stupid to become a first liner. So atm he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick with a bust warning sign above him.
Hasn't played a single NHL game at the age of 20 and yet he's already a bust worth no more than a 2nd round pick. Man do I love this site.

Last edited:

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
It‘s not what he shows on the ice, it‘s his lack of effort off the ice, that makes me concerned.
He was ahead of a lot of players in his draft year because he was fast and big and that makes him superior on junior levels.
He lost this advantage and has not put enough effort in his transition to NA.
Added to that he unfortunately had to start at a organization that is not famous for developing young players very well.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think that trading Puljujarvi for an immediate wing upgrade is the worst thing that Edmonton can do, but considering his age it probably makes more sense to hang onto him for now. Even if he never becomes a 1st line player (which isn't impossible), a middle-6 winger with lots of team control seems like something the Oilers need as much as anything.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Cost would be Zucker (Justifiable or not)

Carolina also has Aho and Teravainen on their squad. Skinner or Faulk would make some sense.

I do think PoolParty would benefit from playing with a Finnish player or two. Doesn't mean they have to trade him though. They could simply go out and trade for someone like Armia or Donskoi.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Cost would be Zucker (Justifiable or not)

Carolina also has Aho and Teravainen on their squad. Skinner or Faulk would make some sense.

I do think PoolParty would benefit from playing with a Finnish player or two. Doesn't mean they have to trade him though. They could simply go out and trade for someone like Armia or Donskoi.
I am more interested in this than I should be.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Oilers don't have cap space so has to be an elc. Get Kaprizov out of his deal in Russia then call back.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That would be the smart thing to do. But chiarelli is your GM. So what’s realistic? A couple C prospects and a 3rd?

Kidding. I would keep him if I were Edmonton too.
The funny thing is you were tryomg to joke but you were right. There is a reason that on a team with Drai/Mcdavid/Nuge/strome he isnt putting up the minimum of like 20 goals you would expect out of the kid with the hype behind him he had. There was a reason he dropped the oilers didnt see and just picked him up not expecting him to be there. GMJK who has worked with the finnish juniors 100% wanted Laine but wanted nothing to do with pool party... why? He knew he wasnt going to translate to NA hockey. He didn't even shine in his AHL time. Kids normally flat dominate down there when they have the talent to emerge in the league. He was gettingnheqlthy scratched in edm last year.

Wait a year or 2 more and make the bolded offee.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
This won‘t end well.

Glass houses and all

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
he's not interesting enough to spend a more proven player getting, and he has enough potential to hang onto for Oilers rather than sending him packing for less than a proven player.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
I still feel like the player Edmonton wants Pulju to become can only happen in a different team with a better junior training system. If he stays in Edmonton, he'll fizzle out. Perhaps Pittsburgh? They'll need prospects in 5 years' time after Kessel and maybe Geno will be gone or losing their touch. I don't know how Carolina's system is, but I'm sure his long-term junior friend Aho could bring the best out of Pulju. And since they have a decent young group already, they could afford a 2nd or two Edmonton likely wants for him.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
It‘s not what he shows on the ice, it‘s his lack of effort off the ice, that makes me concerned.
He was ahead of a lot of players in his draft year because he was fast and big and that makes him superior on junior levels.
He lost this advantage and has not put enough effort in his transition to NA.
Added to that he unfortunately had to start at a organization that is not famous for developing young players very well.
Where are you getting this from?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
...the kid just turned 20. He could have played in the WJC this year and has been a teenager in every NHL game he's played.

Lol at the bust comments

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This won‘t end well.

What are you on about?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He just turned 20 ffs, Yamamoto who we love is only like 4 months older than him. Take in, by the time the season starts both Yams and Pulju will be 20 years old. The kid is still really young. Also, we've been hearing that he's being having a beast summer training in Karpat. I'd rather keep him unless we get a similar aged blue chipper.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Huh? I think he has all the tangible physical attributes to be a star, but none of the intangible ones. He doesn't seem to be able to put his tools to proper use.
He can’t put them to use, that’s true. He does have the physical attributes, but he can also skate, he’s got high IQ, he can shoot it, and he can pass it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He can’t put them to use, that’s true. He does have the physical attributes, but he can also skate, he’s got high IQ, he can shoot it, and he can pass it.
Confidence, confidence, confidence. He needs to be able to carry the puck and not be afraid of making a mistake. He plays kinda afraid that he'll f*** up and Todd will bench him.

Plus, he gets used on the 2nd pp in the net front role..... Wtf? Get that guy on the left half wall of pp1. Let him use that one timer. If he is used correctly on an Oilers pp that rebounds next year, 20+ goals is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad