Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi to MN

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Confidence, confidence, confidence. He needs to be able to carry the puck and not be afraid of making a mistake. He plays kinda afraid that he'll **** up and Todd will bench him.
This is the biggest issue, one screwup and hes stapled to the bench, let him go out try to make plays and improve himself, he has the skills and abilities to do so.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Confidence, confidence, confidence. He needs to be able to carry the puck and not be afraid of making a mistake. He plays kinda afraid that he'll **** up and Todd will bench him.

Plus, he gets used on the 2nd pp in the net front role..... Wtf? Get that guy on the left half wall of pp1. Let him use that one timer. If he is used correctly on an Oilers pp that rebounds next year, 20+ goals is not out of the question.

Can you blame him? Todd’s utilization of him has been brutal. Should’ve let the kid have another year in Finland. Nope. Well then give home decent looks in the NHL. Nope. Now he’s just a teenager thousands of miles away from home thinking he’s not good enough for the team that drafted him. He sees all the success Laine and Matthews are having. He sees what the journalists say about him. No wonder he doesn’t have confidence.

On a side note, he could easily score 20 goals. In his draft year, I though he was going I end up being a perennial 40-40 player.

Question: what was stopping McClellan from putting pool party with McMuffin and Nuge last year? It was a lost season pretty much after the allstar break I’d say, just give him some looks.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Can you blame him? Todd’s utilization of him has been brutal. Should’ve let the kid have another year in Finland. Nope. Well then give home decent looks in the NHL. Nope. Now he’s just a teenager thousands of miles away from home thinking he’s not good enough for the team that drafted him. He sees all the success Laine and Matthews are having. He sees what the journalists say about him. No wonder he doesn’t have confidence.

On a side note, he could easily score 20 goals. In his draft year, I though he was going I end up being a perennial 40-40 player.

Question: what was stopping McClellan from putting pool party with McMuffin and Nuge last year? It was a lost season pretty much after the allstar break I’d say, just give him some looks.
He wasnt on the first line because Rattie found chemistry with those guys and he was there. But nothing was stopping Todd from putting him with Drai who I actually think he'd be a better fit with. His utilization has been complete ass. Todd regularly puts Lucic in the top 6 and leaves Pulju on the 3rd line with none to little in terms of pp time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This won‘t end well.
Oilers fans think Pulju is a second Kurri to their #97.
They‘ll ask for the world and parts of the moon for him

In reality he seems to be a little bit too stupid to become a first liner. So atm he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick with a bust warning sign above him.

Anyone that would trade Puljujarvi for a 2nd round pick is an absolute imbecile. He’s two years removed from being drafted fourth overall and had 12 goals from the 3rd line playing 12 minutes a night, almost all of them at evens.

You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He just turned 20 ffs, Yamamoto who we love is only like 4 months older than him. Take in, by the time the season starts both Yams and Pulju will be 20 years old. The kid is still really young. Also, we've been hearing that he's being having a beast summer training in Karpat. I'd rather keep him unless we get a similar aged blue chipper.
It’s the way around, puljujavi is 4month ish older than yamamoto!

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
This won‘t end well.

In reality he seems to be a little bit too stupid to become a first liner. So atm he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick with a bust warning sign above him.

What Oilers fans have said that in the past year?

Not even all 1st rounders become NHL players but ur emotionally writing him off as worse than that even though he's already in the NHL? lol

Please name 30 players who have proven more in the NHL than him in the 2016 draft

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Kind of tired of Oilers fans deflecting all accountability for his play away from Puljujarvi.

I don't think he's a bust, I don't think the team should give up on him but people need to understand that he's shown very little and the blame for that doesn't fall entirely on his coach or his usage.

I hope the kid at least is smart enough to take responsibility for his lackluster play rather than being like Oilers fans always trying to shift the blame.

He has a lot of tools necessary to be a very good player. So far he has chosen to use them to their maximum ability very infrequently. An issue that he is to blame for and only he can fix. Hopefully this is the year he brings it consistently.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He can’t put them to use, that’s true. He does have the physical attributes, but he can also skate, he’s got high IQ, he can shoot it, and he can pass it.
I thought skating, shooting and passing are the biggest physical, "tangible" attributes you can have. Definitely not in the intangible category.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d do something around nino. Would free up cap space... I just don’t know what we could do with it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How on earth does Puljujärvi have "intangibles" to be a star? Tangibles are just about all he has, right?

Reactions: SotasicA

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
This won‘t end well.

Ouch. What a bad take.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Pistol Pete is trying to hang onto the job he already should've been fired from so yes it would have to be roster players.

Basically you'd have to trade someone like Coyle or Zucker which probably doesn't make sense for the Wild.

Wild would want him for cheap because he hasn't done anything in the NHL as of now and the Oilers have no reason to give up on him now.

Pistol Pete is not giving Puljujarvi away. He's giving him a chance to play in the Top Six with McDavid or Draisaitl. It's one of the reasons why we didn't go after any big time wingers like Neal (also due to cap space).

Jesse managed 12 goals in his first 60 game campaign. Playing in the top six is going to lead him to 20 or more, in my opinion. He has too much skill and hockey iq to not be a top six forward so why should we trade him?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Thing is we have no cap space. Deal would need to look something like this:
Pulju + Lucic + for Nino + Kunin
This is all sorts of bad. Lucic drastically changes Pulj’s value in a negative way. Simply put, I don’t think I’d trade anything for that. His contract is horrid.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Chia and co. would be stupid to trade away Puljujarvi now. He's 20 yrs old and hasn't come close to realizing his potential yet, it's only a matter of time before he becomes a permanent winger of McDavid and blossom into what the Oilers expect him to be.
If they trade him now, teams would be offering packages based on potential rather than results, which always yields much less.

Trade Now:
-Joel Eriksson Ek, 2019 1st round pick (top 10 protected)

Trade next year after having a career year aligned with McDavid:
-Matt Dumba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad