Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi to MN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Chia and co. would be stupid to trade away Puljujarvi now. He's 20 yrs old and hasn't come close to realizing his potential yet, it's only a matter of time before he becomes a permanent winger of McDavid and blossom into what the Oilers expect him to be.
If they trade him now, teams would be offering packages based on potential rather than results, which always yields much less.

Trade Now:
-Joel Eriksson Ek, 2019 1st round pick (top 10 protected)

Trade next year after having a career year aligned with McDavid:
-Matt Dumba
No.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I'm intrigued by this kid. He has all the intangibles to be a star. We’ve seen players like him fall out of the league before, but he still has a chance at being a nice NHLer. I think he would fit in really nicely in MN with all the Fins. What would the ask for him be? Would it have to be roster players or futures?
I would imagine the Coil would be trying to trade him like a player drafted 3 OA a couple years ago.
Minny, based on your post, would be trying to acquire him as a reclamation project.

So I don't see a fit.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
This won‘t end well.
Oilers fans think Pulju is a second Kurri to their #97.
They‘ll ask for the world and parts of the moon for him

In reality he seems to be a little bit too stupid to become a first liner. So atm he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick with a bust warning sign above him.
Credibility gone

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Chia and co. would be stupid to trade away Puljujarvi now. He's 20 yrs old and hasn't come close to realizing his potential yet, it's only a matter of time before he becomes a permanent winger of McDavid and blossom into what the Oilers expect him to be.
If they trade him now, teams would be offering packages based on potential rather than results, which always yields much less.

Trade Now:
-Joel Eriksson Ek, 2019 1st round pick (top 10 protected)

Trade next year after having a career year aligned with McDavid:
-Matt Dumba

Edmonton has very little in the way of wingers and centres falling out of our noses. JEE is not a viable starting point for JP.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see why the Wild would trade a good player for Pulju till he shows something besides potential. Is he the next Bennett? Strome? Yakupov? We don't know. They don't know. Is it because we need more Finns on the team?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Puljujarvi had 12 goals as a 19 year old last season.

The only other sub 20 year olds that can say that:

Hischier
Bratt
Patrick
Jost
Keller
Laine
Dubois

Puljujarvi (60, 12-8-20) actually compares almost exactly to Tyson Jost last season (65, 12-10-22) and I doubt Colorado is in any rush to dump him off a cliff for a second round pick...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad