Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part XII | The King of the Bison Now Needs to Conquer Goalies Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Obviously not it doesn’t support your narrative. Woodcroft knows what he has in Pulju and that’s why you see him at 5 mins of ice-time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as a healthy scratch for game 7
This is the weirdest, most bizarre tangent of a response ever.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Obviously not it doesn’t support your narrative. Woodcroft knows what he has in Pulju and that’s why you see him at 5 mins of ice-time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as a healthy scratch for game 7
He’s been used on the 1st line ever since Woodcroft took over, and the season was very much on the line at that stage. His usage lately would point to a current slump, rather than more generally being a goofy mascot, over the course of several coaches. I am not even overly optimistic over his prospects, but I am definitely not done with this player yet. Get him signed relatively cheap on a 2 year bridge, after that we’ll see.

Reactions: Kaptah2

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Your entire post was dramatic hyperbole and you whine about others not debating in good faith hahahaha
You literally used to plead to mods to get ppl banned when a string of posts questioning JP's, and several other of your favs, decision making got strung together.
Seriously, when multiple ppl reply to you asking if you are related to said player, maybe some alarm bells should give you a clue you are the one being a tad dramatic? No?
That's how desperate you look it warranted many responses by several random ppl asking just that.
The last stance you should be making is calling out someone for dramatics and hyperbole. You've been blasted for it soo many times over the years it's become your MO at this point.

Perhaps try getting into a respectful back and forth, responding directly to the subject at hand, without trying to start every reply without attempting to paint them into a category, in some weird attempt to try and rally troops to hate the poster before you start your counter point?

Does it not dawn on you that several ppl start their responses with you questioning why you are putting words/reactions/feelings in their mouths?

PPl can post and be objective at the same time without it being a gang initiation or a competition motive

Last edited:

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Yes, its amazing that every coach he plays for doesn't want to play him nearly as much as his acolytes & the stats guys think he should get. Its a real headshaker.
What coach are we on now?

On the other hand it's been two games with minimal TOI, before that he scored 1+1 in three games and things weren't looking that grim. With your logic Woodcroft had to be pretty excited about him a short while ago as he was averaging almost 16 minutes before the playoffs.

What I'm saying is we need much larger sample sizes whether we see the player in a good or bad light. Those sample sizes reveal that he's been worse than expected offensively, but better than expected in other areas. He's used his low PP chances quite well, but the coaches have decided to use other options.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
On the other hand it's been two games with minimal TOI, before that he scored 1+1 in three games and things weren't looking that grim. With your logic Woodcroft had to be pretty excited about him a short while ago as he was averaging almost 16 minutes before the playoffs.

What I'm saying is we need much larger sample sizes whether we see the player in a good or bad light. Those sample sizes reveal that he's been worse than expected offensively, but better than expected in other areas. He's used his low PP chances quite well, but the coaches have decided to use other options.

I posted these brutal plays immediately after the game, much to a couple posters trying to paint me as biased and illogical and lying when it comes to JP.

Several hours later Stauffer, on his show, broke down the games, player by player, saying the same thing when he got to JP's game. It's not like some conspiracy was taking place. It was plain as day.

JP literally steam rolled Nuge on a cycle, Stauff made a point of it also. He then broke down some other bad and blatant plays that proceeded.

He hasn't been good in areas. Woody is not out to get the guy. The last 2 games his TOI took a drastic hit cuz he made some very noticeable and way outside any system they were trying to implement bad plays, that had nothing to do with trying to make a play, a selfish attempt or a high risk manuever to create

The crunch on Nuge during a cycle, then flopping over his own coordination on McD's drop pass cost him his TOI 2 games ago. He followed that up last game with some highly WTF are you doing moments. If JP last game beats a dman outside, dekes a player inside, or spins a player off the boards and creates a high danger chance inside, his minutes go waaaaaaay up. He just never gave Woody an excuse to play him more on any play. That simple
Even Yamo was benched and then put together some strong forechecks and his icetime procceeded after that.

His TOI recently is easily explainable, and not due to some miraculous "hip injury" a poster is trying to peddle

Drai can barely move and Woody is using him more. Like duh

If JP creates some high danger chances directly off his own stick next game, he plays 14min a nite. It's simple

Last edited:
Reactions: Macheteops

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
When presented statistics, Bobby has no comments. But he posts plays.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You literally used to plead to mods to get ppl banned when a string of posts questioning JP's, and several other of your favs, decision making got strung together.
Seriously, when multiple ppl reply to you asking if you are related to said player, maybe some alarm bells should give you a clue you are the one being a tad dramatic? No?
That's how desperate you look it warranted many responses by several random ppl asking just that.
The last stance you should be making is calling out someone for dramatics and hyperbole. You've been blasted for it soo many times over the years it's become your MO at this point.

Perhaps try getting into a respectful back and forth, responding directly to the subject at hand, without trying to start every reply without attempting to paint them into a category, in some weird attempt to try and rally troops to hate the poster before you start your counter point?

Does it not dawn on you that several ppl start their responses with you questioning why you are putting words/reactions/feelings in their mouths?

PPl can post and be objective at the same time without it being a gang initiation or a competition motive
Haha you’re totally unhinged. Zero attempt to argue the point, instead you go directly after posters. Your obsession is unhealthy.
Hell I have multiple posts in this thread claiming flat out that Puljujarvi hasn’t been very good these playoffs. Yet you continue to gaslight away.
If Puljujarvi had a bit of the ‘prick’ in him he’d probably be a better hockey player.
haha totally true. Much too vanilla at times. If he had some meanness and agitator ability he’d be even more effective.

That’s probably true, I’d very much like to see him more physical, using that size.
That’s been my biggest disappointment with his playoffs this year. Last year playoffs he was physical and one of the oilers best forwards on the ice, and this year you don’t notice him on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaptah2

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
After all this debate both Yamamoto and Pulju are gonna get extended 2M x 2 years, which is the wise move.
Tend to agree-- if they have any chance of resigning Kane then that's about the limit on what they can pay these 2 guys. Even then, next season is going to be a tight cap squeeze.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
His TOI recently is easily explainable, and not due to some miraculous "hip injury" a poster is trying to peddle

If JP creates some high danger chances directly off his own stick next game, he plays 14min a nite. It's simple

Thanks for your post! But with this logic you'd need to accept he's been doing quite well apart from these games as he's had a pretty decent TOI until now, right? I'm not saying there can't be real reasons behind his low ice time in these couple of games, but I don't like it when arguments are used against a player but the same arguments aren't accepted when they are in favour of the player. It needs to go both ways.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Thanks for your post! But with this logic you'd need to accept he's been doing quite well apart from these games as he's had a pretty decent TOI until now, right? I'm not saying there can't be real reasons behind his low ice time in these couple of games, but I don't like it when arguments are used against a player but the same arguments aren't accepted when they are in favour of the player. It needs to go both ways.
exactly. No one is claiming he’s playing great this playoffs even though Bobby is trying his best to put words in peoples mouths. There’s obvious reasons why he’s been demoted and seen his ice time cut as he hasn’t been very effective. But that should also mean that he was very good all season and that he earned his time in the top six by being an effective player...but Bobby will never admit that.

Reactions: Whyme

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
Pulju suffered a lower body injury february 18th, and was out for four weeks. It is obvious he is still far from being 100%, and haters are taking full advantage of it.

Reactions: Whyme

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Pulju suffered a lower body injury february 18th, and was out for four weeks. It is obvious he is still far from being 100%, and haters are taking full advantage of it.

He is at best still getting up to speed, at worst still dealing with nagging injury - although in presser he said he ”felt good” etc.

He wouldnt be playing single digit minutes if he was 100%, would he? He brings too much ES.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I posted these brutal plays immediately after the game, much to a couple posters trying to paint me as biased and illogical and lying when it comes to JP.

Several hours later Stauffer, on his show, broke down the games, player by player, saying the same thing when he got to JP's game. It's not like some conspiracy was taking place. It was plain as day.

JP literally steam rolled Nuge on a cycle, Stauff made a point of it also. He then broke down some other bad and blatant plays that proceeded.

He hasn't been good in areas. Woody is not out to get the guy. The last 2 games his TOI took a drastic hit cuz he made some very noticeable and way outside any system they were trying to implement bad plays, that had nothing to do with trying to make a play, a selfish attempt or a high risk manuever to create

The crunch on Nuge during a cycle, then flopping over his own coordination on McD's drop pass cost him his TOI 2 games ago. He followed that up last game with some highly WTF are you doing moments. If JP last game beats a dman outside, dekes a player inside, or spins a player off the boards and creates a high danger chance inside, his minutes go waaaaaaay up. He just never gave Woody an excuse to play him more on any play. That simple
Even Yamo was benched and then put together some strong forechecks and his icetime procceeded after that.

That’s the thing about Yamo vs JP benched. When Yamo is benched and pointed out, he “deserves it” and no one makes a fuss.

Anyone pointing out JP deserving to get benched or points out that he has been, the select posters come out with excuses about coach bias, injury, etc.

Like you’ve and a few others pointed out, it can’t be x number of coaches fault at this point when he still doesn’t get it.

After all this debate both Yamamoto and Pulju are gonna get extended 2M x 2 years, which is the wise move.
If they both come that cheap and we also retain Kane, then that’s an off-season win.

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
He is at best still getting up to speed, at worst still dealing with nagging injury - although in presser he said he ”felt good” etc.

He wouldnt be playing single digit minutes if he was 100%, would he? He brings too much ES.
Pulju is not playing physical at all right now. This is exactly how he played before his hip surgery. Bison is hurt.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
To me he doesn’t look hurt, he looks tentative and like he’s playing extra conservative Not wanting to get himself out of position just to get a nothing hit in after the puck is gone. He’s still winning lots of 1v1 puck battles and causing turnovers in the offensive zone while playing a solid 200ft game.

Reactions: Whyme and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That’s the thing about Yamo vs JP benched. When Yamo is benched and pointed out, he “deserves it” and no one makes a fuss.

Anyone pointing out JP deserving to get benched or points out that he has been, the select posters come out with excuses about coach bias, injury, etc.

Like you’ve and a few others pointed out, it can’t be x number of coaches fault at this point when he still doesn’t get it.

If they both come that cheap and we also retain Kane, then that’s an off-season win.
You know you aren't there if when the coach is sending out Devin friggin Shore for a shootout attempt ahead of you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s obvious Pulju hasn’t been good lately. The regression in his game immediately followed injury and sickness. To ignore what he brought at the beginning of the year and last year is short sighted and is the kind of knee jerk reaction to a young player that will have us once again losing a good player to another team where they reap all the benefits.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Haha you’re totally unhinged. Zero attempt to argue the point, instead you go directly after posters. Your obsession is unhealthy.
Hell I have multiple posts in this thread claiming flat out that Puljujarvi hasn’t been very good these playoffs. Yet you continue to gaslight away.
Here's your other MO you're well known for

You take shots at posters, tag them in comments or refer to them constantly in replies with other posters(see above), and when you get a reply...you rinse and repeat the VICTIM card, or calling people desperate, obsessed and targeting. Your whole agenda is to paint the poster in a light, and rarely has anyhing to do with the subject matter

Your formula of posting is predictable and unhealthy

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Here's your other MO you're well known for

You take shots at posters, tag them in comments or refer to them constantly in replies with other posters(see above), and when you get a reply...you rinse and repeat the VICTIM card, or calling people desperate, obsessed and targeting. Your whole agenda is to paint the poster in a light, and rarely has anyhing to do with the subject matter

Your formula of posting is predictable and unhealthy
That’s exactly what you’ve done to me in your last 3 replies lol.
anyone can go back and look at your posting history in this thread and it’s clear how incredibly toxic your posts are. I’m not sure who you hate more Puljujarvi or anyone that hopes the kid has a successful hockey career.

Reactions: McAsuno and Kaptah2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad