Jesperi Kotkaniemi vs Josh Norris

Kotkaniemi vs Norris

• Norris

• Kotkaniemi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Norris right now, and maybe slight edge to Kotkaniemi down the line. Honestly don’t see how KK has a higher ceiling, Norris has all the tools as well.

Also don’t understand the knock on Norris’ point to totals because of KK’s power play opportunities. Maybe he’s just not good enough offensively to crack PP1 time. Fairly certain if Norris was on the Habs he’d be on that #1 powerplay.

IMO I see Norris being as effective as an Elias Lindholm type at his peak and Kotkaniemi being a Mikael Backlund. (In terms of effectiveness)

I’d like to see some analytics that Norris is ahead of Kotkaniemi on the defensive side of the puck though, eye test from match ups this season shows KK being far more engaged defensively.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He has not since entering NHL.

The only way you can come to that conclusion, is if you are stat watching...

He improved his skating, his balance, he's more aggressive and don't hesitate to throw a hit, he's really good at keeping the play in the opponent's zone, he improved his takeaways, he's stronger and battle pretty well for the puck, all these things helped him to improve also defensively.

He needs to work on his shot, his shot selection, his shot accuracy and his release, it takes too much to load...

Once he gets two good wingers and build chemistry with them, he will be a beast, he's a really good playmaker.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
too soon to judge but Norris should win this poll easily. Big fan of both either way. I'm going to vote for Norris just to see the vote result.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He has proggressed a lot considering he was 18 when brought in, hasn’t really been a liability at any point and currently has as many points on even strenght play as Norris has, with 2 gp less.

Almost 50% of points Norris has are on the powerplay, he has played 30 mins more powerplay than Kotkaniemi.

I mean Norris has played 70 minutes more at even strengt this season, in a bigger role and still has as many ES points as Kotkaniemi does.

Norris has played a shutdown role and has certainly earned all of his PP points. Put KK in Norris's spot and the only big effect is that Ottawa has an even worse PP

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
KK plays a physical style that makes him board battles alot. He is tall and took a good 10+ lbs since his first year, but he still needss to develop more explosion and power which will came with age and training (and poise will come with strength, KK 6'4 needs muscle to fill)

Not scared for KK, he plays a style that will suit him better when he will finally develop into a man around 23-26.

almost no player his age play his style at Center because of how difficult it is to fight 28 years old man when you are 20, so the comparations need to wait. he's not already built like Lindros, people need to wait and trust him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Norris has 3 less goals in 63 less games played and has really started taking off in the 2nd half of this season. KK is a talented young player but I suspect Norris will only make those totals more in his favour in time

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
KK plays a physical style that makes him board battles alot. He is tall and took a good 10+ lbs since his first year, but he still needss to develop more explosion and power which will came with age and training (and poise will come with strength, KK 6'4 needs muscle to fill)

Not scared for KK, he plays a style that will suit him better when he will finally develop into a man around 23-26.

almost no player his age play his style at Center because of how difficult it is to fight 28 years old man when you are 20, so the comparations need to wait. he's not already built like Lindros, people need to wait and trust him.

Did have a growth spurt? I’ve never seen him listed that big (also doesn’t look 6-4 on the ice).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
2cvj4i.gif
Ahaha, what are they reacting to? Especially the woman.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Ahaha, what are they reacting to? Especially the woman.
It was to the Kotkaniemi pick. Backstory was that she was a billet parent to another prospect and was shocked that he had not been picked yet.

"The lady with the infamous Edvard Munch scream face at the draft was actually from Halifax and was Zadina's billet family. She was floored that the top 3 teams didn't pick her protégé, especially the Habs (as we can see from her choice of sweater)"

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
It was to the Kotkaniemi pick. Backstory was that she was a billet parent to another prospect and was shocked that he had not been picked yet.

I imagine she’d have the same reaction if she could look 3 years into the future and see Zadina’s stat line.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Eh. Kotkianiemi for me but I understand the Norris argument.

I just don't see either as a top tier center talent.

Gladly be wrong though.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Norris is a tier or two above Kotkaniemi. Poll is much closer than it should be.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
It should be KK, but the Habs have handled his development so incredibly poorly.

He needs to get out of there and to an organization that knows what they're doing.

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021
KK has 1 assist and 1 pts in his last 13 games. Slumping hard. I'm a Habs fan and I prefer Norris, quite easily too.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Kk is already a pretty good 3C. ~40 point pace, physical, and good on faceoffs (was atrocious as start of year and is now over 50% most gmaes).

Are you assuming the 20 year old doesn't improve?
Yes.

He hasn't hit 40 yet and has barely improved.

A future 35-45 pt #3C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad