Jesperi Kotkaniemi vs Josh Norris

Kotkaniemi vs Norris

• Norris

• Kotkaniemi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Norris also gets the #1 centre on the other team as a matchup, ie Matthews, McDavid etc

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Nice to see all the posts from unbiased leafs and sens fans in this thread :rolleyes:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hard to take Kotkaniemi over Norris. Kotkaniemi's the same player he was almost 3 years ago. He's not developed at all - most likely due to being rushed to NHL and having to play survival hockey instead of playing to improve.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Nice to see all the posts from unbiased leafs and sens fans in this thread :rolleyes:

Habs fans being the the most unbiased fanbase on this forum, I see your point.

i hope yall know this is sarcasm

Reactions: Doc5

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Norris has excellent defensive metrics??
I mean they are good

Even if you take Even strength defensive "above replacement" numbers into account. Kotkaniemi's are decent too if not better.

Im not saying Kotkaniemi's are excellent, but they are are good so you can’t discount him in that role.

Norris does have a tougher role and scoring more in that role which is key.

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Why'd you leave out the unbiased habs fans posts? Itd be nice to see them as well

As opposed to the unbiased habs fans? :laugh:

Habs fans being the the most unbiased fanbase on this forum, I see your point.

i hope yall know this is sarcasm

Please enlighten us on why KK is better.

As you can see from the results, Habs fans choose Kotkaniemi, Sens fans choose Norris, and unbiased fans choose Norris.

I said it in jest guys!
Yes, yes I know we also are biased.

With regards to the poll, I agree that Norris is better than Kotkaniemi today, hands down. However, call it bias or not, I’m hopeful KK becomes the better player down the road.

Reactions: TS Quint

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I said it in jest guys!
Yes, yes I know we also are biased.

With regards to the poll, I agree that Norris is better than Kotkaniemi today, hands down. However, call it bias or not, I’m hopeful KK becomes the better player down the road.

I like KK's toolset for sure. Might take a bit to put it all together but I have no doubt he's gonna be a top 2 line center in the NHL. I just have a weird feeling he breaks out not with the Habs for whatever season.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
KK is going to be a beast. Better than Suzuki for the Habs. I take KK going forward only because I really believe he’s going to break out.

Reactions: Gravity

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Kk is already a pretty good 3C. ~40 point pace, physical, and good on faceoffs (was atrocious as start of year and is now over 50% most gmaes).

Are you assuming the 20 year old doesn't improve?

37 pt pace( and slowing, 1 goal in last 13) , average skating, decent defensively. Norris is 21 so age isn't really much of a factor, In addition to the tougher matchups he inherently takes as the 1 c. Norris and clearly.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
37 pt pace( and slowing, 1 goal in last 13) , average skating, decent defensively. Norris is 21 so age isn't really much of a factor, In addition to the tougher matchups he inherently takes as the 1 c. Norris and clearly.

Okay...

My when I made post KK was on about (~) 40 point pace and is pretty good defensively.

My comment was in direct reply to someone chiming in on KK topping out as a 3C. So I said pacing for about 40 points, being solid defensively and being over 50% in the face off dot would I.ply he is already a 3C at 20 and that it would be unlikely he doesn't get better than he currently is. Especially considering his build.

I wasn't talking about Norris in the slightest rather pointing out an error in the post I was replying to.

I barely comment on KK at all anymore because people keep referring to him as a bust and any comment about him being one of the youngest players in the NHL (yes he still is) is ignored.

But thankyou for reading my post and completely missing its point then replying criticizing it :nod:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Norris, I know he’s still young but KK is just not developing as expected.
hes looking better and better this season acutally, using more of his size specifically.

I mean the kid is 20. It took big centres like Barkov and MacKinnon 3-4 years to become elite. Not saying KK will be elite, but again, hes 20.

I don't see Kotkaniemi being anything more than a good #3C. I'll take Norris and really easily at that.

clearly havent been watching his progression this season

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
hes looking better and better this season acutally, using more of his size specifically.

I mean the kid is 20. It took big centres like Barkov and MacKinnon 3-4 years to become elite. Not saying KK will be elite, but again, hes 20.

clearly havent been watching his progression this season

A quick scan of the KK thread on HF Habs tells me that the jury is still out on his progression at best.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
A quick scan of the KK thread on HF Habs tells me that the jury is still out on his progression at best.
he had no business being in the NHL at 18/19, this is the first year that we see strides in his overall game. Most Habs fans expected him to be the 1C by now, which is ridiculous. Centres take time to develop as weve seen.

Hes up to 6'2 198 lbs this year, has 25 hits in his last 12 games (67 total), upped his TOI to 15-16 min since March 1, and even getting better at faceoffs. Offense still isnt quite there, but hes battling with Suzuki and Danault for the 2C spot. Still has 20P in 44GP at age 20.

Trust me, hes getting better every day.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And Kotkaniemi has played 2 more NHL seasons.

I don't really think that implies any more of a cap on Kotkaniemi's upside. He's just recently filled out his frame and is figuring out how to use it. Mental and physical maturing are more important than nhl gp.

I'd take Norris long term but it could obviously go either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad