Kotkaniemi vs Norris

• Norris

• Kotkaniemi

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You have to go Norris here.

Kotkaniemi has been nothing short of disappointing since being drafted, plus this is his 3rd NHL season while Norris is a rookie yet Norris is out producing him.

That’s not even mentioning Norris’ defensive acumen too.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
2cvj4i.gif

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You have to go Norris here.

Kotkaniemi has been nothing short of disappointing since being drafted, plus this is his 3rd NHL season while Norris is a rookie yet Norris is out producing him.

That’s not even mentioning Norris’ defensive acumen too.

Norris is a year older.

Reactions: TS Quint

LDX

Jan 13, 2014
Iles de la Madeleine
And Kotkaniemi has played 2 more NHL seasons.

I understand this should be a case of KK having more experience than Norris, but honestly those 2 seasons were much more harmful to him than the opposite. They were detrimental to his learning, he missed 2 years of training / learning to instead be part of a failure of an organization with negativity as its main motivation. It's depressing.

I take no part in the Norris vs Kotkaniemi debate however, just pointing out Norris most likely had an advantage in the past two years, haha.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I understand this should be a case of KK having more experience than Norris, but honestly those 2 seasons were much more harmful to him than the opposite. They were detrimental to his learning, he missed 2 years of training / learning to instead be part of a failure of an organization with negativity as its main motivation. It's depressing.

I take no part in the Norris vs Kotkaniemi debate however, just pointing out Norris most likely had an advantage in the past two years, haha.
Agreed. It’s part of the reason why Norris is the better player today.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Norris. currently better and just simply has a higher ceiling.

I think it's the other way around. Kotkaniemi has better offensive skills and hockey sense. Norris is older with the bigger role, and skates better. I could understand the argument for Norris, but I wouldn't suggest he has the higher ceiling. His floor/ceiling disparity is much lower than Kotkaniemi.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Norris currently, Kotkaniemi in the future imo

Honestly, he’s super young still, but KK has had almost zero progression so far.
He may end up better by 25, but he also might top out as a big bottom 6 centre.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Honestly, he’s super young still, but KK has had almost zero progression so far.
He may end up better by 25, but he also might top out as a big bottom 6 centre.
He has proggressed a lot considering he was 18 when brought in, hasn’t really been a liability at any point and currently has as many points on even strenght play as Norris has, with 2 gp less.

Almost 50% of points Norris has are on the powerplay, he has played 30 mins more powerplay than Kotkaniemi.

I mean Norris has played 70 minutes more at even strengt this season, in a bigger role and still has as many ES points as Kotkaniemi does.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
KK is the classic case of a player not being ready for the NHL and being rushed.

Norris was developed the right way. Once it was clear he was dominating the AHL (mind you that only took him a year), he was brought up. This is essentially a 21 year old being thrust as the #1C on a team and powering through it.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad