Kotkaniemi vs Norris

• Norris

• Kotkaniemi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotkaniemis ceiling got destroyed by the Habs management but this poll is a lot of hockeyDb scouting.

One player is shooting 10% over the other, normalize the shooting percentages and the points are virtually identical, as they both have the same amount of shots (+/- a few)

Kotkaniemi also does not play first PP, as his spot is used by Suzuki on the other wave (Who knows why theyre not both on the same unit, Habs staff is the worst Ive ever seen.).

What we can see though is that, despite playing 53 minutes less at ES, Kotkaniemi only is only two points behind Josh.

Otherwise, Kotkaniemi also hits more, double the amount of takeaways, less giveaways... Honestly Kotkaniemi is just the better evens strength player, despite being dragged through the mud by this shit ass coaching staff.

If I were a gambling man though, id say Kotkaniemis going to follow the Galchenyuk path, same story, different name. (Actually Kotkaniemis handling may be worse.)

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Kotkaniemis ceiling got destroyed by the Habs management but this poll is a lot of hockeyDb scouting.

One player is shooting 10% over the other, normalize the shooting percentages and the points are virtually identical, as they both have the same amount of shots (+/- a few)

Kotkaniemi also does not play first PP, as his spot is used by Suzuki on the other wave (Who knows why theyre not both on the same unit, Habs staff is the worst Ive ever seen.).

What we can see though is that, despite playing 53 minutes less at ES, Kotkaniemi only is only two points behind Josh.

Otherwise, Kotkaniemi also hits more, double the amount of takeaways, less giveaways... Honestly Kotkaniemi is just the better evens strength player, despite being dragged through the mud by this shit ass coaching staff.

If I were a gambling man though, id say Kotkaniemis going to follow the Galchenyuk path, same story, different name. (Actually Kotkaniemis handling may be worse.)
He has half the production as Corey Perry on the PP. I don’t think he is being blocked from PP1 because of Suzuki it’s because he might not even be the Habs 3rd choice to move up to PP1 based on merit.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Lol, you claim this is people "hockeydb watching" and then totally gloss over the fact that Norris matches up against Matthew, McDavid, Draisaitl, and looks good doing it. Maybe you used hockeyreference, which is a little better, but this really does not suggest any type of knowledge of what type of player Josh Norris is.

Also, Norris is gonna be a high percentage shooter his whole career. It's a skill of his. Not saying he will shoot 18% his whole career, but I could easily see him in the 13-17% range most years. As for PP, Norris is arguably our most dangerous PP option...that's why he's on the PP. Because he is extremely effective. Until they start counting PP goals for less, and until its proven that personnelle doesn't impact success, this argument is gonna continue hold zero water.

Don't chirp stat watching in a post where you do exactly that... its just common sense. Not commenting on KK vs Norris because I cant say Ive paid much attention to KK this year... but at least I can admit that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad