Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi- So You See That's Where The Trouble Began,That Smile,That Damned Smile Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Easily one of the prettiest goals so far this season... Cant believe this kid is only 18 and one of the youngest players in the last draft, he already plays and thinks the game like a vet... His IQ is off the chart, once he matures physically, sky is the limit!

To think I was depressed when we got the 3rd overall pick missing so short on Svechnikov, ask me now how I feel about that?? :nod:

I was also upset we didn't win the 2nd pick, thought our season was way worse than Carolina. Svechnikov is going to be one hell of a player but Kotkaniemi looks like he is going to fill a role we've needed for a long time. Big playmaking C with elite skill, hopefully he keeps progressing and becomes the player we desperately need after so many years of subpar Centers.

Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Easily one of the prettiest goals so far this season... Cant believe this kid is only 18 and one of the youngest players in the last draft, he already plays and thinks the game like a vet... His IQ is off the chart, once he matures physically, sky is the limit!

To think I was depressed when we got the 3rd overall pick missing so short on Svechnikov, ask me now how I feel about that?? :nod:

I think we all had that pit in our stomach when we came so close to winning the 2nd OA in the lottery.

Now -- I love that we have him. Finally, a center we can build upon for a long time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was also upset we didn't win the 2nd pick, thought our season was way worse than Carolina. Svechnikov is going to be one hell of a player but Kotkaniemi looks like he is going to fill a role we've needed for a long time. Big playmaking C with elite skill, hopefully he keeps progressing and becomes the player we desperately need after so many years of subpar Centers.

Interesting when you compare them so far, their production is similar in terms of points.

KK plays approx. one less minute per game on average than Svechnikov, with the latter owning a better shooting percentage (9.4 vs. 5.9). Don't know how much PP time Svechnikov gets, however.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Interesting when you compare them so far, their production is similar in terms of points.

KK plays approx. one less minute per game on average than Svechnikov, with the latter owning a better shooting percentage (9.4 vs. 5.9). Don't know how much PP time Svechnikov gets, however.

I haven’t watched much of Carolina this year, but prior to the draft, I held the opinion that Svechnikov would be more of the game breaking talent.

This isn’t to say I thought Kotkaniemi didn’t have elite offensive tools. As a team that lacked goal scoring, Svechnikov could potentially bring that.

Tough to say what I’d do knowing what I know now if I had pick #2. I think Kotkaniemi can do more, given he’s a center and has demonstrated a 200-foot game and flashes of offensive brilliance. Svechnikov I feel will kill opponents with his skill and power as he matures himself.

That said, Zadina does neither for me, so end of the day, I’m just happy with the pick.

Still wanted Boqvist though now I am torn.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
i dont even know at this point I would take Svech over KK. I doubt I would. KK is EVERYTHING we need.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I haven’t watched much of Carolina this year, but prior to the draft, I held the opinion that Svechnikov would be more of the game breaking talent.

This isn’t to say I thought Kotkaniemi didn’t have elite offensive tools. As a team that lacked goal scoring, Svechnikov could potentially bring that.

Tough to say what I’d do knowing what I know now if I had pick #2. I think Kotkaniemi can do more, given he’s a center and has demonstrated a 200-foot game and flashes of offensive brilliance. Svechnikov I feel will kill opponents with his skill and power as he matures himself.

That said, Zadina does neither for me, so end of the day, I’m just happy with the pick.

If Boqvist didn't have those 2 concussions last year, I'd agree. Too much of a risk at #3 knowing the kid will face tougher opposition. If he stay away from any head injuries in the future, Chicago got themselves quite the player. That being said, at #3 I'd take Kotkaniemi without looking back.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Too early to say anything at this point. Take Forsberg as an exemple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad