Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'd like it if Claude was a bit more flexible during games. I get it the guy is young and needs to ''learn'' the NHL game, but at the same time he is a very talented 3rd overall pick that could help us for the next decade +. Why not surprise other teams during games, by giving him the best wingers for a few shifts here and there... Don't have to be the 1st line center for the whole season or anything, just be flexible and throw him out there with your top firepower when losing or just to surprise the opponents. Move Domi to left wing for a few shifts when we're losing and roll with Domi-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher every now and then, especially when in a losing situation going into 3rd period...

Just a little bit of flexibility Clod...

Not trying to be a party breaker but he did some shifts with Tatar/Gallagher and Drouin/Shaw at times

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Mostly on the PP no? I might be wrong, I just can't recall many situations where Claude changed the lines on the fly.

No at ES. Most of the time it was for a few shifts only but he did give him ice time with these guys

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The rest is under 5% which in the grand scheme of things means like less than 20 minutes spent together.

EDIT: He played 932 minutes at ES. So 5% of that would be 47 minutes so I was off in my numbers but still.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The rest is under 5% which in the grand scheme of things means like less than 20 minutes spent together.

Thanks for posting this.

Makes you wonder what KK might do with better wingers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

EDIT: He played 932 minutes at ES. So 5% of that would be 47 minutes so I was off in my numbers but still.
Awesome work

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
hope Clode will grow some and start him on the top 6.

There's no point playing him with Armia and Lehkonen, fact they're all Finns is a dumb as hell reason
Habs do not have enough top6 players, they did not last year and they lost 47 pts production this summer.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looking like KK has really added to his frame.

Google translate:
Kotkaniemi has been fishing and formulas in the summer, but seems to have been to the gym. # GoHabsGo # NHLfi # Aces

"Formulas"? :skeptic:

Zooming in on his latest pic, he means business.

exk3iii.jpg

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
hope Clode will grow some and start him on the top 6.

There's no point playing him with Armia and Lehkonen, fact they're all Finns is a dumb as hell reason
Habs do not have enough top6 players, they did not last year and they lost 47 pts production this summer.

The reason is simple it's Danault. KK needs to center those offensive guys while Danault shuts everything down with Armia and Lehk. It ain't happening,,,

Reactions: Vachon23 and Mrb1p

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’ll have to defer to your trained eye.
He's definitely put on some size and thickness, how that affects his game we'll have to wait and see. Size is such an awesome tool when you fully maximize it...in some other cases, like for Pacioretty, feels like he's not getting its full benefits.

Reactions: THE HOFF

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
He's definitely put on some size and thickness, how that affects his game we'll have to wait and see. Size is such an awesome tool when you fully maximize it...in some other cases, like for Pacioretty, feels like he's not getting its full benefits.

completely agree. So many variables, its important for him to stay explosive too while adding mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad