Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What is with all the KK hate? He had a very good rookie season last year as the youngest player in the NHL. Is this based on his preseason play? Are you guys f’n serious?

I'm not into judging the draft - way too early.

But if he struggles like he did at the end of last year, he should get time to develop in Laval. Poehling or Suzuki can play 3c.

But it would be a big loss. When KK was playing well we were a playoff team. When he wasn't, we fell out of the playoffs. We need a good 3rd line.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Wow even Galchenyuk got more than a year before people started turning on him :help:

This doesn't bode well.
Welcome to the new media world of hacks both old and new,crucify someone with little substance and hope for plenty of click baits .I personally like what Drouin did to the French media by answering their questions in english,maybe that will stop them from asking very stupid questions but i doubt it.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Only habs fans would **** on a 19 year old after pre-season

I think many in the media have an agenda in doing so. They want to deflect away from Drouin, a Francophone Quebecer, struggling.

It's what they did when he and Chucky were struggling two years ago. All you heard was Chucky turns the puck over, Chucky's not giving a full effort, Chucky's a defensive liability, etc...

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I think many in the media have an agenda in doing so. They want to deflect away from Drouin, a Francophone Quebecer, struggling.

It's what they did when he and Chucky were struggling two years ago. All you heard was Chucky turns the puck over, Chucky's not giving a full effort, Chucky's a defensive liability, etc...

Yeah the double standard was strong with those two.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
You are really fast to disregard Kotkaniemi.

He has shown his talent and he is still very young.

I still believe KK was the right selection.
Seems every center in the league needs to either win with speed or win with strength (or some combo of both), and KK just has a below average combo. Don't see how he'll be able to create space for himself 5 on 5. Definitely like his length and smarts in both ends, and he has some good skills to be good on the PP, but he just doesn't have the speed/strength combo to be a dynamic offensive player 5 on 5.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017

That's bullshit.

I follow TVA Sports / RDS and everybody shits on Drouin daily. Job of media is to stir up drama and this year, he brings the best content in that regard.

Reactions: dralaf

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
You could honestly do worse skill-wise than Armia and Drouin.

Yes it could be worse, but it could be a hell of a lot better too. Armia is a good 4th liner, nothing more IMO. Drouin.. well.. is in one hell of a long bad stretch.

Glass immediately put with the best players. I'd like to see KK with our best wingers for a couple games and see if his game elevates.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yes it could be worse, but it could be a hell of a lot better too. Armia is a good 4th liner, nothing more IMO. Drouin.. well.. is in one hell of a long bad stretch.

Glass immediately put with the best players. I'd like to see KK with our best wingers for a couple games and see if his game elevates.

That's what I'd like to see too but let's not pretend Drouin and Armia are total plugs with the puck.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It's not unusual to have a sophomore slump. I'm sure he was running on adrenaline for the better part of last season.
Regardless this kid is the real deal. He's NINETEEN years old.

Jul 6, 2016

How come Glass is with Patches and Stone ? Statsny or Karlsson injured ? Unless the kid is the real deal. He is the centerman I wanted in the Patches' trade.

I noticed Pirri and Zykov on Statsny's 3rd line.

If Statsny can play on a third line, I guess, KK can too !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad