Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VII) - Pretty Mint Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Yes Ill keep telling my self then when you are 23 years old and about to reach 60 points in the NHL, you are not a superstar but a pretty damn good player
Drouin? A damn good hockey player? Yes, with NO accountability, NO 200 foot game, and top minutes. I guess this is where we disagree.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I know you hate Drouin the player. I dont. Koko is a center , Drouin a winger. One is a great all around player with good offense and defense. The other is a magician with the puck and and a fast skater but with defensive flaws. They are very different players. Reaching 60 points(Drouin) in the NHL at 23 years old is pretty good in my book
huh... who are you talking about here ?

Reactions: cphabs

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Drouin? A damn good hockey player? Yes, with NO accountability, NO 200 foot game, and top minutes. I guess this is where we disagree.

No I agree with the fact hes not a 200 foot game player. But there is many great player in the nhl that are not very good defensively. You should learn to appreciate the player for his skills and stop focusing on his flaws.

I feel thats been a big problem within the organization for a long time now. Instead on working with the strong suit of the player , they will try to turn him into a generic version where is ok everwhere but nothing special. You know what are Drouin weakness are so pair him with player that complement well his style.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Think long run instead of short one . It's good for the eagle to rest because he will hit a wall . Never bad to see a game from the top when you are new on the show . As i said , Bergeron was scratched 11 games at his first season .

That's the opposite. It's a short therm move. One game wont change anything for Kok. We are trying to win by hoping Weal will have a great game since he's basically against the wall. I mean come on we have been doing that for 30 years now people should know the drill. Been there done that.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Not playing him one game, won't change anything if he's fatigued. You need to give him more games, if your point is to rest him.

I doubt it's the case, he will play next game, imo. So it's only a lazy excuse.
Based on what exactly ? Julien and his staff are more close to him than you and me . We will see very soon

Reactions: Vachon23

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Lol at ageist. That make me laugh. Damn liberal

I'm not a liberal?

And what does that have to do with anything.

WTF is an ageist?

prejudice or discrimination based on age.

A new liberal spin. Racism , Feminism , Ageism and the list goes on

Ageism would be someone that discrimated because of age

You literally advocated that coaches should be in their late 30s and early 40s.

But I love the cognitive dissonance between:

... Very bad communicating skills and from a different era. Coaches in the NHL now should IMO be in their late 30s early 40s. They are way better at understanding the new generation of player who enter the league at 18

In my business I have employees in their early 20s and you need to listen to them, make sure you understand their feelings...
and:

A new liberal spin. Racism , Feminism , Ageism and the list goes on

Ageism would be someone that discrimated because of age

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
huh... who are you talking about here ?

Dont you see Drouin how good he is with the puck on his stick. Im amaze when I see him in a tight quarter with no room at all to escape. Hes able to make a sweet move with the puck to find a way out of it and create a scoring chance. You guys are blinded by hate. Its sad

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not a liberal?

And what does that have to do with anything.

prejudice or discrimination based on age.

You literally advocated that coaches should be in their late 30s and early 40s.

But I love the cognitive dissonance between:

and:

I didnt really advocated. I said in my opinion. You are entitled to yours. I didnt say you were a liberal. Just you brought ageism and its another liberal twist to victimized people. I have nothing against you bud

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Dont you see Drouin how good he is with the puck on his stick. Im amaze when I see him in a tight quarter with no room at all to escape. Hes able to make a sweet move with the puck to find a way out of it and create a scoring chance. You guys are blinded by hate. Its sad
actually, the saddest part is trying to justify your irrational love of a player by constantly deflect and put blame on others...

your definition of hate is that I don't think he's a -> magician <- ? seriously ? come on now...

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No I agree with the fact hes not a 200 foot game player. But there is many great player in the nhl that are not very good defensively. You should learn to appreciate the player for his skills and stop focusing on his flaws.

I feel thats been a big problem within the organization for a long time now. Instead on working with the strong suit of the player , they will try to turn him into a generic version where is ok everwhere but nothing special. You know what are Drouin weakness are so pair him with player that complement well his style.
Just hold the turd accountable... like the rest of the f***ing team. People wonder why there is locker room trouble every 2-3 years. Why won’t free agents sign here? Why haven’t we won a cup? Why do our high end prospects shit the bed? Drouin is the f***ing poster boy for these dilemmas.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
That's the opposite. It's a short therm move. One game wont change anything for Kok. We are trying to win by hoping Weal will have a great game since he's basically against the wall. I mean come on we have been doing that for 30 years now people should know the drill. Been there done that.
We don't know if it will be just for one game or more at this point .If he needs some rest , give it to him instead of thinking about the short term victory

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Just hold the turd accountable... like the rest of the ****ing team. People wonder why there is locker room trouble every 2-3 years. Why won’t free agents sign here? Why haven’t we won a cup? Why do our high end prospects **** the bed? Drouin is the ****ing poster boy for these dilemmas.

IMO fans like you is one of the reason why good FA players are not too fond of signing in montreal. Crazy media pressure and crazy fans expectation

Reactions: Astormynight

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
is it just me or that screams missed meating or something like that? Why did he practiced with Drouin yesterday if they re going to sit him? Or was he lazy this morning and they decide to send a message?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
actually, the saddest part is trying to justify your irrational love of a player by constantly deflect and put blame on others...

your definition of hate is that I don't think he's a -> magician <- ? seriously ? come on now...

Well if you dont realize how good Drouin is with his stick handling and speed. You have to be blind by something. If its not hate I dont know what it is. Every knowledgeable hockey person will at least acknowledge that Drouin is very skill full player

You entitled to think Drouin is a bum but I disagree. But this is a Kotkaniemi thread so lets leave it at that

Reactions: Fixxer

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I didnt really advocated. I said in my opinion. You are entitled to yours. I didnt say you were a liberal. Just you brought ageism and its another liberal twist to victimized people. I have nothing against you bud

I was pointing out pre-judgement (or prejudice) based on age.

You never really supported the notion that Claude Julien is a bad communicator. You just claimed he was prehistoric and from a different era.

And I'm sure all the top coaches in the NHL, most of whom are in their 50s, are feeling victimized by an HF board poster's idea than coaches should be in their 30s/40s. They'll have to console themselves with their massive salaries, playoff and performance bonuses and Stanley Cup rings.

Reactions: Vachon23

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Drouin is arguably a top 10 talent in the NHL when it comes to puck skills, that was never the issue.

His problem is, as always, consistency. Not merely in terms of effort or defensive play but also in terms of generating offense, the one thing everyone agrees he should excel at.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
And I'm sure all the top coaches in the NHL, most of whom are in their 50s, are feeling victimized by an HF board poster's idea than coaches should be in their 30s/40s. They'll have to console themselves with their massive salaries, playoff and performance bonuses and Stanley Cup rings

What are you talking about. You mad?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Drouin is arguably a top 10 talent in the NHL when it comes to puck skills, that was never the issue.

His problem is, as always, consistency. Not merely in terms of effort or defensive play but also in terms of generating offense, the one thing everyone agrees he should excel at.

And when talking about generating offense, specifically his engagement and ability to play with "pace".

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

I agree with you, I would like more consistency of course. But still he might reach 60 points this season. I mean he cant be that bad. Not a superstar but a damn good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad