Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 14 (mod warning post #657)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hopefully he's feeling ok/better if it was him that was sick, and of course, I'd say the same for Armia. It's going to be a grind when he returns, so his good health is gonna be really critical.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Hopefully he's feeling ok/better if it was him that was sick, and of course, I'd say the same for Armia. It's going to be a grind when he returns, so his good health is gonna be really critical.

Could this be why they picked up Staal? They're worried about Kotkaniemi for the next month or two??

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Practicing on a line with Byron and Lehkonen

If he doesn't light it up with these 2 Superstars then it's time to accept the reality he wasn't BPA

McDavid couldn't drag these 2 muppets up to Top 9 status and we saddle the kid with them

At least put Perry and Frolik with him so he has an ounce of talent to work with around him

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

If he doesn't light it up with these 2 Superstars then it's time to accept the reality he wasn't BPA

McDavid couldn't drag these 2 muppets up to Top 9 status and we saddle the kid with them

At least put Perry and Frolik with him so he has an ounce of talent to work with around him

Can't...Phil the Thrill will get jealous...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Toffoli will be back soon... Caufield is an eventuality... it’ll be okay.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
17 year old season in Finnish Liiga

Lekhonen ....... 30 points 45 games
Armia ............. 29 points 48 games
Kotkaniemi ... 29 points 57 games

Don't know what everyone is expecting.

Reactions: angusyoung

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

And at 18 KK put up more points in a NHL season than the other 2 have been able to hit at ages 25 and 27 despite getting frequent time in the top 6 during those years

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that tells us nothing really though as at 17 you don't know who is going to keep progressing, who has peaked ala someone like say Collberg etc..

Elite Prospects - Liiga Stats All-time season

In the history of Liiga, if KK had 1 more point, only 4 U-18 players would have had more points then him, Barkov, Laine, Granlund and Kakko.

Reactions: Gravity and Sagikev

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Writings on the wall, hes going to the fourth line. Time and time again theyve shown that this isnt a meritocracy and that they dont give a f*** about Kotkaniemi.

Bergevins ultimate plan, pick a project, rush him to the NHL into the hands of coaches who dont give a flying crap about anything but the present.

KK is done, a bust.

Reactions: habsfan891

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

I don’t understand what ducharme is trying to do. Put a playmaker in KK with a guy who is not able to shoot on the net, even at 10 feet. And byron, a waiver material. Wow.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Writings on the wall, hes going to the fourth line. Time and time again theyve shown that this isnt a meritocracy and that they dont give a f*** about Kotkaniemi.

Bergevins ultimate plan, pick a project, rush him to the NHL into the hands of coaches who dont give a flying crap about anything but the present.

KK is done, a bust.

Come on man, you don’t believe that

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Come on man, you don’t believe that

We have Caufield and Staal coming in shortly.

As long as KK isn't on the 4th line, he'll be playing with offensive players. Just be patient.

At least with Ducharme he switches the lines after a few games if they aren't working - he doesn't wait half a season like CJ.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

There it is.

The sweet reprieve of reality.

KK nothing more than a 2C at best.

feelsbadman

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
With the way the Habs are handling him, he won't even become a decent 2C.

Looked really promising in the first year. I did not give up yet. I see his play improve by a lot when given better wingers. And his faceoffs improved a lot this year. The habs here are failing at maximizing his potential.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
With the way the Habs are handling him, he won't even become a decent 2C.
I wish Calgary would pick up there socks, with the way things are going the Habs will skid into the playoffs and binman will save his job for another season. My kingdom for an owner that gave a crap about winning.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad