Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 14 (mod warning post #657)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki will need to be insulated for the playoffs. Especially if opponents decide to clog the middle he'll need size on his wings. KK will force his way through and even if he doesn't, if CC is on his wing, he has an elite outlet forcing teams to adjust their strategy. Honestly, I don't think Suzuki's style meshes as well with CC as KKs would

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Suzuki-Toffoli
Caufield-KK-Andy
Drouin-Staal-Perry

Honestly I think this could work pretty well. Just tell Lekhy he needs to dig these pucks and crash the net, nothing more nothing less, don't touch the puck unless your cycling it to Toff or Suzuki. CC-KK-JA is a very good line too, they can create off the rush and also just let Cole get lost in coverage while KK digs the puck up and JA crashes the net.

The Danault line has worked before and will work again, now that the team has options, theres no need to break it up. Drouin-Staal-Perry is also a good line I think, exploitation wise, theyre just pretty bad defensively and Id rather have Evans there but wtv, Drouin it is.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Suzuki-Toffoli
Caufield-KK-Andy
Drouin-Staal-Perry

Honestly I think this could work pretty well. Just tell Lekhy he needs to dig these pucks and crash the net, nothing more nothing less, don't touch the puck unless your cycling it to Toff or Suzuki. CC-KK-JA is a very good line too, they can create off the rush and also just let Cole get lost in coverage while KK digs the puck up and JA crashes the net.

The Danault line has worked before and will work again, now that the team has options, theres no need to break it up. Drouin-Staal-Perry is also a good line I think, exploitation wise, theyre just pretty bad defensively and Id rather have Evans there but wtv, Drouin it is.

Fair take but honestly, I hope they package Drouin with Kulak/Mete, a pick and a B level prospect for a decent D to play with Weber, allowing Edmundson to slot next to Petry where they played well together, forcing chiarot to the 3rd pair with Romanov. They might eventually have Staal with Suzuki for faceoff purposes which basically forces Caufield or Anderson to the other wing from lack of speed on that line but I like the CC-KK-Andy line you proposed alot. Unless Drouin picks up the pace, he's obsolete in this lineup as the fourth line is used as a checking/ possession exploitation line which Drouin is poor at.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Caufield-KK-Anderson
? - Suzuki - Toffoli
Staal-Evans-Perry
Trade-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Romanov

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Suzuki-Toffoli
Caufield-KK-Andy
Drouin-Staal-Perry

I'd try Staal or Evan's where you have Lehkonen.

I definitely like Drouin on the 4th line - see if he can beat out Lehkonen, Byron and Armia.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd try Staal or Evan's where you have Lehkonen.

I definitely like Drouin on the 4th line - see if he can beat out Lehkonen, Byron and Armia.
Too slow. Lekhonen isn't there to play offensively, he's there to dig and crash and provide time and space with his speed.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
How come ? They found gems in Tinordi ? Leblanc ? Scherbak ? McCarron ? Galchenyuk ? ...... They were not blue chip prospects to start with ! And KK is not the next McKinnon or McDavid. far from that.
Never suggested that KK was like McKinnon or McDavid. Do you have friends?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Too slow. Lekhonen isn't there to play offensively, he's there to dig and crash and provide time and space with his speed.

Well get ready for Toffoli-Suzuki-Perry tonight, plus Staal still at center and KK still on the wing.

Ducharme knows how to use his speed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Suzuki-Toffoli
Caufield-KK-Andy
Drouin-Staal-Perry

Puking at the though of Lehkonen next to our most productive player and most productive center. The guy has the worst offensive instincts on the team, and probably the top 2 lines in the AHL too.

Reactions: Gravity

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kk the winger is still a thing it looks like.

I have an idea: Let's put RW Perry at LW and left-handed C Kotkaniemi at RW, so we can play can't-keep-up-with-the-play Staal at C.

Makes a lot more sense to me than:

Tatar-Danault-Toffoli
Staal-Suzuki-Anderson
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Perry

Why have C's play C, RW's play RW, and LW's play LW when you can play them out of position?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have an idea: Let's put RW Perry at LW and left-handed C Kotkaniemi at RW, so we can play can't-keep-up-with-the-play Staal at C.

Makes a lot more sense to me than:

Tatar-Danault-Toffoli
Staal-Suzuki-Anderson
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Perry

Why have C's play C, RW's play RW, and LW's play LW when you can play them out of position?
Damn, don't have an aneurysm, its only one game ! :sarcasm:

Im sure Ducharme will figure it out fast, he's nothing like Julien.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Damn, don't have an aneurysm, its only one game ! :sarcasm:

Im sure Ducharme will figure it out fast, he's nothing like Julien.

I think he will figure it out, but it will take a few games - as I predicted.

Doesn't mean I won't make fun of it in the mean time. I just won't think KK's development is being ruined and he needs to be traded to be saved from being ruined by Ducharme and the organization...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->