Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
KK tied for 6th OA in points for U-21 players,

Elite Prospects - NHL Stats 2020-2021

He needs to step it up some, more TOI and better linemates would be good but for KK it's about continuing to make progress as his skating, strength still need work and that's not going to happen this season. He needs to get better, and next year he needs to come to camp with improved skating/strength, produce more, the following season he needs to repeat it till hopefully he breaks out. Who knows if or when that will happen, he's got skills, his game is going to be about using his large frame, setting up plays, being a solid 2 way center. He's got to work on his shot, get more confidence in using it.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Brady Tkachuk 6’4” new age power forward.

imagine Anderson Tkachuk Gallagher Perry in front of the net.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Part 13 of people whining about Tkachuk and Hughes
Most annoying thing is if we picked either one the Tkachuk/Hughes thread would just be whining we didn't pick the other (and that a lot of people seem to have forgotten that Zadina was the presumed front-runner when we got the 3rd pick lotto!)

Pick Hughes and he has this year's start for us it'd be wah wah we just got a better Mete! He's not a #1 we should have took Tkachuk! He's just what we need with Anderson wah wah! Pick Tkachuk and it'd be wah wah we took a bigger Gallagher! Another 50 point guy! wah wah Hughes is a #1 we'd be set forever with him and Romanov wah wah!

Not to mention if we picked either one and KK had a breakout year or crushed the AHL at 18/19 for another franchise it would be endless whining that we picked a smurf dman or a bigger Gallagher with a 6'3" center on the board.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I didnt hate KK tonight. Had an assist on tatar goal. I mean. Im not his biggest fan. Far of it. But this guy has hands to pass the puck on tape. I just don’t understand why Phil Danault is playing twice his icetime. This guy is a liability offensively. KK at least bring an offensive flair

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
only 4 U-21 players have more points, and 2 of them were picked 1-2 OA

not to pick on NYR, but from that list, Laf/Kakko with just 5 pts between them. f*** that's got to sting.

Stützle is doing pretty good in Ottawa, I have watched a few highlights and he impressed me. Laf/Kakko not so good.

Reactions: Redux91

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
KK's doing fine, let the kid develop. The only ones that are angry are those who think we're stiffening the next McDavid...

Thank you, one reasonable Habs fan... People really want to blame an 18 year old Kid leaving his home to play in the NHL rather than the GM who brought him here at this age expecting him to be a short term Top 6 solution ?

I can tell you three things on how to improve KK's production : just look at his play in Finland. 1) Put him on the right side of the PP he has a hell of a one time pass / one time shot 2) Stop making him play close to the boards and 3) Let him play a puck carry kind of game during transitions

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Thank you, one reasonable Habs fan... People really want to blame an 18 year old Kid leaving his home to play in the NHL rather than the GM who brought him here at this age expecting him to be a short term Top 6 solution ?

I can tell you three things on how to improve KK's production : just look at his play in Finland. 1) Put him on the right side of the PP he has a hell of a one time pass / one time shot 2) Stop making him play close to the boards and 3) Let him play a puck carry kind of game during transitions
This organization went forward with 3 young centers this season knowing there will be growing pains, the Julien firing took me by surprise because I thought they were ready for these struggles...

The problem is people thinking he's better than he's at the moment IMO.

The organization is trying to develop him the right way.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
This organization went forward with 3 young centers this season knowing there will be growing pains, the Julien firing took me by surprise because I thought they were ready for these struggles...

The problem is people thinking he's better than he's at the moment IMO.

The organization is trying to develop him the right way.

I don't think the organization does : look they are trying to make him play the stereotypical old School NHL game, the Sedin twins never played that game, the Skandinavian guys on average play a much more possession heavy game, same is true with Lekhonen by the way, playing him puck & chase has killed any offensive instinct he ever had. Look at how Barkov plays the game, that s how KK should play it too. He was scoring at 0.5 PPG in the Liiga at 17, that is not an easy task.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think the organization does : look they are trying to make him play the stereotypical old School NHL game, the Sedin twins never played that game, the Skandinavian guys on average play a much more possession heavy game, same is true with Lekhonen by the way, playing him puck & chase has killed any offensive instinct he ever had. Look at how Barkov plays the game, that s how KK should play it too. He was scoring at 0.5 PPG in the Liiga at 17, that is not an easy task.
He's getting good wingers, PP time, offensive zone starts... What else do you want?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He's getting good wingers, PP time, offensive zone starts... What else do you want?

Give him a nice set up, like to Pettersson in VAN (And I know he is not the same player and Pettersson likely is better). Anyway your team is not ready right now. Accept that he plays 20 minutes a night and fails sometimes (rather than not putting him in OT and not playing with any center like a few nights ago)

Reactions: Habs13

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Give him a nice set up, like to Pettersson in VAN (And I know he is not the same player and Pettersson likely is better). Anyway your team is not ready right now. Accept that he plays 20 minutes a night and fails sometimes (rather than not putting him in OT and not playing with any center like a few nights ago)
They will not give him 20 minutes a night and live with his errors because this team is trying to get results and are not in the full rebuild phase.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
KK and Suzuki already have a little more responsibility and ice time then they can handle. They both seem a little overwhelmed right now as it is. Putting a heavier load on their shoulders at this time is much more likely to bac.

We need Danault to continue to soak up minutes, sadly.

Or trade for a veteran C.

Reactions: Ozmodiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad