Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Still feels like we’ve mishandled him and continue to do so.
Which is why Suzuki looks great with the same coach in charge and started out with the same caliber linemates. The difference is that Suzuki was great and played so well that he got a better role while KK has struggled immensely with bad linemates and often time looks like the worst player on his line. Kotkaniemi needs to get sent down.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Both players before and after totals are similar in respect to the prior season - Double their previous seasons offensive totals.

You think it was the stint in the ahl, I think it's a combination of physical and mental maturity that only comes with time.

20 points is not at all similar to 50 points.

And you're missing the point. You won't develop offensively unless you are playing in an offensive role, so Pacioretty wasn't developing in the NHL because in the NHL that wasn't his role. That's why he needed time in the AHL. MacKinnon was productive enough to be in an offensive role and so could continue to develop in the NHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Which is why Suzuki looks great with the same coach in charge and started out with the same caliber linemates. The difference is that Suzuki was great and played so well that he got a better role while KK has struggled immensely with bad linemates and often time looks like the worst player on his line. Kotkaniemi needs to get sent down.
Kotkaniemi looked better at the start of the year than Suzuki did.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Excuses. kk makes no one better. Petterson makes everyone better. Why can’t KK.
You are talking about Dubois. He played next to a superstar that is currently making a waived player a PPG player. That's not an excuse for KK at all, I'm simply saying that Panarin was HUGE for Dubois season last year.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They are mishandling him and he's not that good. It's pretty easy to see both. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Pettersson from a skill perspective.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You mean like for 3 games? Ya sure but then Suzuki was on the 4th line and took off while KK sucked.
Up until the dreaded Lighting game where KK was scapegoated for on the ice at the same time as a mistake by Juliens golden boys (Weber and Price) and then for not being fast enough to cover for a bad line change, yeah. So about 8 games I think.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So you think it KK played a few more minutes his production would sky rocket?
No chance

So the fact he played great the game before when he had more opportunity meant what exactly? Is there a reason your reply ignores that PLD played with better linemates? Do I have to repeat myself, do you think an 18 year old 3rd overall pick who produced 34 points last year somehow peaked at 18??

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Up until the dreaded Lighting game where KK was scapegoated for on the ice at the same time as a mistake by Juliens golden boys (Weber and Price) and then for not being fast enough to cover for a bad line change, yeah. So about 8 games I think.
Dang you are wrong once again. KK played with the two best wingers on the team at that time and he could barely skate while Suzuki was getting better. It definitely was not 8 games, he's looked like garbage for most of the season.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

DgVa4RoVAAAaxhn.jpg

That woman was right. Kotkaniemi was a poor choice. Another bad pick from the duo Bergevin/Timmins. Bigger biceps than brain

Timmins has had 1 bad lottery pick so far: Andrei Kostitsyn. And even he was a 25 goal 45 point player.

Timmins' other lottery picks:

2005: Price
2007: McDonagh
2012: Galchenyuk
2016: Sergachev

plus to come:
2018: Kotkaniemi
2019: Caufield

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So the fact he played great the game before when he had more opportunity meant what exactly? Is there a reason your reply ignores that PLD played with better linemates? Do I have to repeat myself, do you think a 18 year old 3rd overall pick who produced 40 points last year somehow peaked at 18??
Who says he peaked?? I said 18-19 year olds produce all the time
KK is suffering and he needs to accept some blame as well. It’s not always on the coaches and GM. And im not a Bergevin fan

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So the fact he played great the game before when he had more opportunity meant what exactly? Do I have to repeat myself, do you think a 18 year old 3rd overall pick who produced 40 points somehow peaked at 18??
He actually peaked on the 1st of march 2019, thats where it all went down, since then, he's produced 5 points in 30 games and before that he produced 35 in 65 games.

I wonder what happened that cannot be explained... Lol. From a .55 PPg to a .18 PPg in a matter of seconds, man. Its all on the player !

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dang you are wrong once again. KK played with the two best wingers on the team at that time and he could barely skate while Suzuki was getting better. It definitely was not 8 games, he's looked like garbage for most of the season.
Honestly I dont think youre watching the games at this point, your opinion on hockey has been crap ever since you started school.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
KK is suffering and he needs to accept some blame as well. It’s not always on the coaches and GM. And im not a Bergevin fan

The onus is on management to do the right thing, if he's having a hard time send him to the AHL. No other team ruins the confidence of theur young top picks like we do... Suzuki is doing well , good for him but that has nothing to do with KK. Certainly it's not with limited ice-time that he is going to figure things out. No other team develops their top picks in this fashion. Habs are also the ones with the bad track record for developing 1st rounders. So how is it on the 19 year old that we are messing up another Center prospect?

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Obviously he needs to accept some blame, no one is saying that hes absolved of blame and that he did nothing wrong. I think theres somewhat of an area of "how things couldve been had he not been on the Habs coached by Julien."

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He actually peaked on the 1st of march 2019, thats where it all went down, since then, he's produced 5 points in 30 games and before that he produced 35 in 65 games.

I wonder what happened that cannot be explained... Lol. From a .55 PPg to a .18 PPg in a matter of seconds, man. Its all on the player !

Confidence matters tremendously with young players and people ignoring that are ridiculous. Only in Montreal can we see the positive effects of confidence in Suzuki while simultaneously ignoring the negative effects of confidence issues with KK...:help:

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Honestly I dont think youre watching the games at this point, your opinion on hockey has been crap ever since you started school.
I've seen more than enough games to know that Drouin and Armia were carrying Kotkaniemi when they were hot and Suzuki took off after getting demoted to the 4th line.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Confidence matters tremendously with young players and people ignoring that are ridiculous. Only in Montreal can we see the positive effects of confidence in Suzuki while simultaneously ignoring the negative effects of confidence issues with KK...:help:
Are you telling me that Kotkaniemi was not playing with 2 studs

Jordan weal 27 year olds 58points in the nhl
Charles Hudon 25 year olds 40 points in the nhl
Jesperi Kotkaniemi 19 year olds 37 points in the nhl

:sarcasm: Guess who we sent last night to score on a 6v5 , Weal over others.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've seen more than enough games to know that Drouin and Armia were carrying Kotkaniemi when they were hot and Suzuki took off after getting demoted to the 4th line.

Alright so now he was carried, i can agree that he was the third best player on his line. Somehow I can think of a center thats been third wheel on his line and he didn't get that treatment.

Anyhow, yes, KK was the third best player on his line, or the worst if you want to make it sound pejorative. He was doing fine though, and his line was coming up on top in games, that line wasn't on for a goal for a single goal up until the Lighting game.

You wanna say he's the third best player on the line, go ahead, but don't see he could barely skate because that was just not true. He did more than fine at C there and had they stuck with him and given him confidence instead of doing everything to ruin it, it might have been different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad