Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I've seen very few posters writing him off. I was discouraged because he looked atrocious at camp and during his NHL stint. Does that mean that I wish we didn't draft him? Absolutely not, I would have still drafted him over everyone else besides one player. The only thing that made me very upset is Quinn Hughes taking off like a rocket. If KK keeps playing like this I'll forget all about Hughes.
The thing is we always get fixated about a better player.. who cares if Hughes become a perennial all star and a hall of famer. If we get a great 2nd line center with a solid 15 seasons career and close to a ppg we are good. We cannot hit the best player at all our picks. That being said judging all other players from that draft is very risky because they are still developing but IMO we got a good one. His shot is insane.

Reactions: cphabs

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal fans are just insane. They write off a 19 years old sophomore player because he has not progressed as other top prospect.

If you actually look, its a really small group of posters saying things like that, they just say it over an over again and try to create the illusion of a consensus.

There's a group here - and they are easy to spot - who would rather be "right" about how terrible they think management is so they will actually root against players and root against the team.

It's sad.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Montreal fans are just insane. They write off a 19 years old sophomore player because he has not progressed as other top prospect.

The guy has talent, it's obvious but he was lacking physically and now with the added strength we are seeing a difference in his game (shocker). He will be fine but he will have other down eventually so be patient.

Maybe like 1 guy wrote him off.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-14_18-33-28.png

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If you go way back in the thread, there are posters saying, just give the kid some TOI and linemates, and watch him go.....but as the season went on we were stuck with Clod gonna Clod, and more Weal every time we played.

Now..............look what's happened.

That doesnt really have to do with KK playing well.
Hes getting the same 13-14 min he was getting in the reg season, and his linemates were the same from the regular season (Byron and Lehkonen) the first few games.

Hes just playing much better. Its with performance like these that will earn him the coaching trust, and eventually get a bigger role.
Thats how Suzuki went from 4th line winger to 1C.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Well, he can only get better from this point, crazy what he could do in a few weeks. He’s so solid on his skates and physically dominant. Impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad