Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
One thing is sure, KK has to keep that aggresiveness in his game forever. It suits his game perfectly. Less smiles and more bites.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Drouin-PressConference(20/08/11):Kotkaniemi
“Kotkaniemi was definitely a difference-maker in the series. He looks more comfortable. When he came into the League, as every young guy, you're kind of feeling it out, you don't know whom to hit. But right now, there isn't much thinking in his game, which I like. He's using his big body. He put on a little muscle during the pause, which is great for us. If he keeps playing that way, he's going to have a lot of success in this League. He's hitting guys. He's going to pucks. He's not waiting. He's not looking around to see who's going first. He wants to be the first guy down there. As our line, we talked about it: whoever has to be that guy who's going, it doesn't matter what your number is or how much money you're making, you've to go get that puck and get into those areas. Kotkaniemi brought that to our team way more than he did before.”

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Really hope he proves me wrong. Hate taking such a project 3rd overall, but the strength and skating look much improved.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
KK has gotten significantly better, but I want to see him improve even more. He can only get better.
If we look at how much Suzuki improved in his D+3 season, one can only hope KK takes the same steps next season.
If he does, I'm very excited with KK's future.

People really need to remember KK is going to be 20y next season and is just getting healthy.

Also if we look at other Finnish guys like Barkov, Rantanen, Aho it took couple years for them to explode

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Julien-PressConference(20/08/12):Kotkaniemi
“It was just right from the get-go. He was just skating better. As I mentioned, he had knee surgery over the course of last summer and he came to camp and didn’t quite have that step. You know, when you’re behind the 8-ball it’s hard to catch up and he never really had a great chance to catch up. So I think this four-month break benefits certain players and he’s one of those guys that benefited from it.”

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
People really need to remember KK is going to be 20y next season and is just getting healthy.

Also if we look at other Finnish guys like Barkov, Rantanen, Aho it took couple years for them to explode

Yeah he looks so much better after a really tough year and I love his vision/sense but in terms of being the player we're hoping, he's still got a ways to go. His puck skills can be a lot better and he still needs to keep getting stronger on his feet. It's a process. Exciting to see him now vs earlier this year though

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
KK has gotten significantly better, but I want to see him improve even more. He can only get better.
If we look at how much Suzuki improved in his D+3 season, one can only hope KK takes the same steps next season.
If he does, I'm very excited with KK's future.

If he does, we basically have our #1 and #2 centre for the foreseeable future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One thing is sure, KK has to keep that aggresiveness in his game forever. It suits his game perfectly. Less smiles and more bites.

100% agree on that! Get stronger and nasty

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad