Jesperi Kotkaniemi Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Why are you acting like a saint. Every fans of every teams wish their former players do badly elsewhere. And this one literally gave us the finger.

Now he is throwing a fit cause he is getting less and less ice time and taking bad penalties. He is a fourth liner once again.
Nah, some of us hope the best for former players. Of course, how they left matters.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Wish players weren't so dull and showed more passion -HF boards

LOL he showed his feelings wut loser -HF boards

Yeah, showing emotion when it's over and done with VS. When it actually matters in game.

Important distinction.

Reactions: Kimota

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There has been very good reasons for diss threads against Kotkaniemi in the last two seasons, and this isn't one of them.

Reactions: Colezuki

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Kotka will never live up to his draft rank but he was and is a playoffs baller, and Ducharme (and a big part of the knee-jerk dum-dum Habs fanbase) screwed him over.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He’s like a shittier David Ortiz. Don’t put your teammates in danger, otherwise I don’t care.

(Ps: Ortiz is shit because steroids, not because his career was bad.)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Meh, who wouldn't be angry after going down 3-0

Kotkaniemi and Aho are the two best Canes in this series. Kotkaniemi is playing really good. The guy is still young and is even going to better. He’s on an amazing team friendly contract too.

This post pretty much sums up why they're on the brink of elimination + being swept lmao.

When KK is playing miles better than Necas and Burns you know you're absolutely f***ed. And that's not a shot at KK, it's a shot at the other 2 and probably even Aho.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Why are you acting like a saint. Every fans of every teams wish their former players do badly elsewhere. And this one literally gave us the finger.

Now he is throwing a fit cause he is getting less and less ice time and taking bad penalties. He is a fourth liner once again.

Yah, no issues with habs fans taking shots at KK. People need to stop being so f***ing sensitive about everything.

KK gave the middle finger to the habs
Habs fans can give the middle finger right back and bash/boo him at any opportunity if they want
Canes fans (and other fanbases) can bash habs fans for doing that all they want

Hockey doesn't have to be so vanilla all the time. The pearl clutching going on from everyone because a bunch of habs fans are disrespecting KK is hilarious and sad at the same time...but you'll get over it until it happens again. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: viceroy and AzHawk

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Nerves are too raw right now for canes fans to have anyone one even observe Kotka break a stick at this moment.

Wait until the sweep is over :thumbu: then they can loosen up

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Idk I'm enjoying Sam Reinhart getting a chance at the cup respectable guy and Montour isn't so bad either. At least Eichel has been a full-on douche to Sabres fans in general with the comments that he has made.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
If you see KK fuming like this, you know the Canes are done.

KK could not carry the Canes, but he still had hell of a playoffs. The haters did not watch.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's still one of the stupidest desperation trades I've seen in recent memory. Habs fans don't criticize that one enough.
The GM at the time, was off his meds.....................Bergevin turned the habs into a pure gong show.
The Rinse and Repeat Era is now over.........HuGo have already started to right the ship.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
That's still one of the stupidest desperation trades I've seen in recent memory. Habs fans don't criticize that one enough.
We cleaned house months after that trade was made so there wasn’t much to get hung up on. It was a bad trade but it wasn’t crippling. Sucked to see KK go as well, but we had other young players up for extensions within the next several years and the precedent it would’ve set overpaying somebody of KK’s stature at the time wouldn’t have been worth it. The fanbase and media wouldn’t have been so forgiving in Montreal with him putting up 29 points at $6+ million and he put up those numbers with better linemates then he would’ve had in Montreal.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
As a Habs fan, I will say: this is nothing.

When Tampa Bay lost in the finals to Colorado, we saw Vasilevskiy smashing up the hallway. At least one player does this after every series loss, and more in the dressing room, I'm sure. They're just human beings who have been hyper-focused for decades, fighting through injuries, experiencing the wrenching back and forth between emotional extremes, and dedicating almost all of their lives to competing in this sport.

The fact that people think otherwise is strange to me.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We cleaned house months after that trade was made so there wasn’t much to get hung up on. It was a bad trade but it wasn’t crippling. Sucked to see KK go as well, but we had other young players up for extensions within the next several years and the precedent it would’ve set overpaying somebody of KK’s stature at the time wouldn’t have been worth it. The fanbase and media wouldn’t have been so forgiving in Montreal with him putting up 29 points at $6+ million and he put up those numbers with better linemates then he would’ve had in Montreal.
I'm not talking about Kotkaniemi at all. The 1st from that offersheet and a future 2nd for Dvorak was a mind-bogglingly bad decision for a team that was in total decline.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d have faith in the leafs is some of their stars reacted like this after loses

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm not talking about Kotkaniemi at all. The 1st from that offersheet and a future 2nd for Dvorak was a mind-bogglingly bad decision for a team that was in total decline.
That trade was made coming off a SCF appearance. Bergevin had just let Danault walk for nothing and Carolina squeezed us for Kohtkaniemi leaving us with no centers depth. It was the definition of a desperation trade. A lot of things blew up in Bergevin’s face and I attribute it to karma.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad