Jesperi Kotkaniemi Breakout Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
50 % pathetic and 50 % hilariously predictable. I haven't even been keeping up with the Canes lately but I feel I could still write a reasonable synopsis of Kotkaniemi's season based on when this thread shows up on the first page. Opportunities for schadenfreude are so elusive that they need to be grabbed with both hands or they may be gone for good.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah that’s super weird that you keep showing up to rub it in whenever he has a cold streak. Must be a strange habit to live with.

When you post the following:

Well, those takes didn’t age particularly well, did they? I hope those who laughed at my post hang their heads in shame.
It’s obvious that you’re trying to piss people off.

That’s a bad enough look, but denying it just makes it worse. If you’re gonna be about it, be about it. It’s the difference between a Marchand and a Binnington.
But to be fair, I understand "troll liking" is an acknowledged issue on HF in 2012+12. There were people putting the laugh emoji on that specific quoted post of his. Four people! Two of them ours.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Really? Never seen you on the Habs boards.

Petty? A Canes fan calling a Habs fan petty is pretty funny. The vast majority of Habs fans don't give a smeg about Kotakaniemi anymore because we're too taken with our new "hotnesses." Petty? Like Tom Dundon? Dude 99.99% of MTL fans have moved on. But after everything that was said and done I think we're at least allowed to do a bit of snickering.

*snicker*
This is so true. Most of us didn’t care the moment the offersheet happened. It was more disappointing to lose the picks we got for him in the Dvorak trade. I’m sure there were quite a few people on the main boards trying to go to war over it because that’s sports, but they don’t speak for the majority. Most level headed Habs fans could’ve told you Kohtkaniemi was an inconsistent mess who didn’t seem to be progressing past a decent first half to his rookie season.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
It's weird how such a forgettable player gets grown up people so riled up. But I guess it's a combo of draft position and fanbases in question. But Jesus, Kotkaniemi and Dubois must be the two guys with most undeserved buzz around them, whether positive or negative.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This is so true. Most of us didn’t care the moment the offersheet happened. It was more disappointing to lose the picks we got for him in the Dvorak trade. I’m sure there were quite a few people on the main boards trying to go to war over it because that’s sports, but they don’t speak for the majority. Most level headed Habs fans could’ve told you Kohtkaniemi was an inconsistent mess who didn’t seem to be progressing past a decent first half to his rookie season.
We cared because the offersheet was very obviously spearheaded by a petty owner looking for revenge. Then the most nauseating social media team started goading a large fanbase to generate clicks. It worked and created a small rivalry. But as far as losing the player, Habs fans didn’t care so much, we knew he was average and not worth half the money they gave him.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
No, it absolutely didn't.

Does this sound like it aged fine to you?

It's his 6th year in the league and he'll be lucky to hit 30pts at this rate. What are the odds that he ever becomes a PPG player?

You're sure getting angry over this. Take a breather.
I actually wasn’t angry at all I was annoyed. And yes habs are my 2nd team check my post history I have family that originated there. They’ll always be my second team but I’m not gonna lie some of their fans are kinda driving me away

He's past the all-important 300 game mark, this is what he is.
If only it was so simple. Players break out in their mid twenties alllll the time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad