Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - AHL edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Kelly is clickbait for people who hate this management. There are certainly things worth calling them out for, but the fact is that hf posters calling them out make better and more coherent arguments than he does.

He is very poor at doing something that should be realtively easy.
Oh I agree. He's an absolute joke. But then so is most of the Canadiens media. Nobody has the guts to call the management out with actual data and proper arguments.

This article is so stupid though lol. Maybe even a new low for him

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
On Hockey 360 tonight, Bouchard saying Kotkaniemi can't keep saying "yes, but..." to instructions and directives, it has to stop at some point.

Kotkaniemi saying the AHL coach has a certain style of teaching, and that NHL coaches leave you a lot more space.

Holy ****.

Attitude? Is Kotka rotten or what? :sarcasm:

Here we go, we already have an excuse if he endup busting...

"He was dumb" "he never had it" "refused to listen to the coach"

Reactions: Mrb1p

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
On Hockey 360 tonight, Bouchard saying Kotkaniemi can't keep saying "yes, but..." to instructions and directives, it has to stop at some point.

Kotkaniemi saying the AHL coach has a certain style of teaching, and that NHL coaches leave you a lot more space.

Holy ****.

Attitude? Is Kotka rotten or what? :sarcasm:

That's disappointing to read.

Reactions: Andrei79

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Oh this big meanie Bergevin. He spoke critical words about our Golden Boy. How are we going to cope?

BTW. Kelly is a talentless hack.

MB shouldn’t be assessing what players need to work on and what they are lacking in as he is not a coach and he was a horrible mediocre journeyman defenseman who scored in his own net. Nuff said.
Yeah, because he totally doesn't consult the coaches and development staff on a regular basis when forming an opinion of a player. Totally!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I get the feeling KK needs to be broken like a horse and taught to take coaching instruction. Bergevin and now Boucher are saying the same thing. He’s not easily coached. That’s what happened with Chucky when he’d listen to his father over the coach. Hope they can fix this as he has obvious talent. Be a shame to waste it.
Can you point out to me where those two have said that Kotkaniemi is not easily coached?

Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see it myself.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Can you point out to me where those two have said that Kotkaniemi is not easily coached?

Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see it myself.
One was during Bergevin’s recent big interview and now this time with Boucher saying he needs to stop saying “yes, but...” when given instructions.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Most players can’t even play in the AHL because they are in the CHL than you have player in the NCAA or under contract in Euro ligue... the best U20 aren’t in the AHL, how many U20 player are there in the AHL this years? being amongst the best U20 isn’t very significant especially when you see how he is raking up these point, It isn’t nothing but he has to be one of the least dominant PPG performance I have seen, I hope he keep up but in is cases I more worry about how he is getting point vs. how many he is getting.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched 3 of his games where he collected 4 points. 3 of those points he received because he was the last player to touch the puck before two of his teammates made exceptional plays. One of his assists showed skill. KK's AHL record is deceiving.

It seems like your frustration is a little misdirected though. Your problem isn't really with Kotkaniemi or the folks that hope to see him succeed, it's with the swole manlet that can't draft worth a shit.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Though now I'm remembering Habs management saying that Radulov was not a coachable player. That was just them being idiots.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

:sarcasm:
Didn't he complain about Julien when he was sent down? I'm not a big fan of KK but can you point me to where KK said that.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The kid was rushed......pretty simple. That is not his fault...
He owns some of this, but most is on the Habs brass for thinking they had something bigger than they really did.
The only good thing is the kid will be 20 in July, and have 2 years under his belt. The bad thing, CJ will still be the coach next year. Let's hope the kid can bring it next year, and is not part of a big deal in the summer.

Hilarious that MB is throwing his players under the bus these days.............and he wonders why no one wants to join the Habs as a UFA every summer!! lol

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
He owns some of this, but most is on the Habs brass for thinking they had something bigger than they really did.
The only good thing is the kid will be 20 in July, and have 2 years under his belt. The bad thing, CJ will still be the coach next year. Let's hope the kid can bring it next year, and is not part of a big deal in the summer.

Hilarious that MB is throwing his players under the bus these days.............and he wonders why no one wants to join the Habs as a UFA every summer!! lol

it's like every decision they make is wrong.

draft him at 3 - wrong
add him to the roster as 18 yr old - wrong
little PP time - wrong
send him to the AHL in year 2 - ok, i think this was the right thing to do
call him out publicly - wrong

Still, if he was worthy of the #3 pick, he'll fight through the adversity that comes with breaking into the NHL as a highly touted prospect. Hubes and Drai managed to do it. Chucky and JoDro not so much.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
KK + prospect/pick vs Dubois and Anderson.

I would do that before KK bust even more.

Reactions: Wats

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
it's like every decision they make is wrong.

draft him at 3 - wrong
add him to the roster as 18 yr old - wrong
little PP time - wrong
send him to the AHL in year 2 - ok, i think this was the right thing to do
call him out publicly - wrong

Still, if he was worthy of the #3 pick, he'll fight through the adversity that comes with breaking into the NHL as a highly touted prospect. Hubes and Drai managed to do it. Chucky and JoDro not so much.
Our drafting and developing is beyond awful.

So, why don't they look at teams that do it well, and try to pouch someone from those teams who knows how it's done??? The Habs have more money than brains, that we know.....so it begs the question?

Reactions: Wats

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Our drafting and developing is beyond awful.

So, why don't they look at teams that do it well, and try to pouch someone from those teams who knows how it's done??? The Habs have more money than brains, that we know.....so it begs the question?

Timmins brags about logging 1000's of hours of scouting, but there's something lacking at a higher, or philosophical, level. Whether it's misplaced emphasis on certain qualities or attributes, or a lack of common sense ... i don't know. For example, in today's game, how can you pick a player who isn't already an excellent skater (KK, Chucky, McCarron)?! Why do they reach to fill a need?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
There's a non zero chance this is AG 2.0

Stupid organization makes the same damn mistakes again and again

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Bergevin should just trade his first-round picks, at this point why not? We have three fringe players on the current roster that are draft picks of his and as you know, that's over an 8 year period. His supporters will tell you that he wins his trades but he and his "team" are clearly terrible at development so why not just trade the pick? He can pick up a decent player and another AHL/NHL tweener to please Clode and things keep rolling. That is how this team is built, he should just keep moving in that direction. It's unreasonable for them to believe that every 18-20 year old kid is going to be the next Patrice Bergeron and it seems that our last two coaches do not really value young players so we should just trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad