Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - AHL edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hes 19 years old.

Brendan Kelly is a terrible writer and terrible analyst and this is another shit article from him.

How about a little patience before calling a 19 year old a bust?

easy pickings when our GM is calling down KK in the media....

Ya they had face to face discussions with KK ....now there blasting it to the media how he has "poor work ethic"...

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Good thing we win all our trades. :laugh: Is there no limit to whom the arrogant ass will throw under the bus? First it's KK then Timmins to top it off. Whatever happened to it's on me. He will do anything to deflect blame, and that says a lot about his lack of character.

"It's on me" wasn't a mea culpa, as in "sorry, i didn't get the job done.". MB used it more to boast than anything else. "I'm the boss, I'm in charge here ... it's on me!".

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
easy pickings when our GM is calling down KK in the media....

Ya they had face to face discussions with KK ....now there blasting it to the media how he has "poor work ethic"...

Kelly selectively picks his quotes and does so without proper context. Thats all i have to say on him.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Love KK and hoping he can develop nicely in the next few years but with Habs track record I would put good money on him not becoming a top 6 c sadly hopefully he proves me wrong go KK go

Reactions: Justin11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
do ya see the Edmonton guy playing in Finland?(wanting a new Nhl team)
The way the Habs are dirting KK,,,i dunno ,won't surprise me ....

and ...he is already kicking some dirt toward Caufield....

Oiler fans were really down on Yamomoto. They said he had no offensive upside just last year after 2 lackluster years post draft.

Now he's a point per game player (albeit playing with Draisaitl). Let's let KK develop. And then let's get him some offensive players to play with. I.e. not Lehkonen and Armia.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
This is funny man. I get it, the Habs are a depressing team right now but why is everything needs to be black or white? Sometimes the truth lies in between. Yes, he had a bad second year, never seen that happen before with any other player... there's literally a saying called "sophomore slump" because it's so common.

There's just isn't enough data to write an article like that. If he has a couple of seasons in a row like the one he just had but until then, it's just click bait garbage.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Between KK not listening and Poehling pouting, it's not looking good for management and the scouting staff.

Reactions: Mrb1p

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Well MB did say things about Kotkaniemi and now Kotkaniemi was asked by the media about the comments. Our smart lad said no comment I guess.

You know. MB blah blah on Galchenyuk. MB blah blah on Rads and Markov. MB blah blah on Patches. MB blah blah on Subban. I miss anybody ? Now MB is taking shots on the 19 year old.

If TT is picking so many CHaracter deficient guys maybe TT should go. Otherwise, maybe MB should shut the F up and stop cutting down his own players in public. Or is somebody going to tell me the fact Kotkaniemi proba ly wont sleep for a week is good for him ?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
ya, make 60 picks over 8 years and the best you got was Leky and Mete? on the roster today...

I can see why they got 16 picks this year at the 2020 draft...

15 darts that narrowly miss the board and one that somehow manages to hit the bartender right in the eye!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Hes 19 years old.

Brendan Kelly is a terrible writer and terrible analyst and this is another shit article from him.

How about a little patience before calling a 19 year old a bust?
I actually wish he wasn't so bad because at least he calls out management unlike all the French media puppets. But yeah he has no credibility

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
MB shouldn’t be assessing what players need to work on and what they are lacking in as he is not a coach and he was a horrible mediocre journeyman defenseman who scored in his own net. Nuff said.

Reactions: Marshy71

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Knew the picks havent been good, but those numbers are terrible. Inspires zero confidence in the draft this year.

You would think the scouts could at least read up on the players on the hockey manager games, that would probably get better results!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Kotkniemi needs to simmer in the AHL until he can stay on his feet consistently while also dominating the league (offensively). Until that happens don't touch him , I don't care who's injured.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I actually wish he wasn't so bad because at least he calls out management unlike all the French media puppets. But yeah he has no credibility

Kelly is clickbait for people who hate this management. There are certainly things worth calling them out for, but the fact is that hf posters calling them out make better and more coherent arguments than he does.

He is very poor at doing something that should be realtively easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad