Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - AHL edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
About freaking time, he absolutely needs more time in the oven...

images

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
This organisation.. specially MB when he feel the heat he littarally does what the public says..

see when he fired Lefevbre and he hired Bouchard and ducharme. like litterally he felt forced to do it.. feeling the hot seat.. now he does the same with Kotkaniemi..

I guess better late than never but that doesnt change my opinion of him.

its funny like it always feel like the decision isnt from his own tought process

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sorry Finland...JK should have been there last month.....Would have been so easy to send him to the Worlds, and send him down to Laval right after. A management that knows what they are doing would have done it.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Sorry Finland...JK should have been there last month.....Would have been so easy to send him to the Worlds, and send him down to Laval right after. A management that knows what they are doing would have done it.

We needed him to go through a 2nd 8 game losing streak , much better for his confidence than playing(succeeding) with his peers...:help:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I though i was the only to consider him not a great prospect.

Originally, I didn't like him starting the year with the big team last season. I thought his game was not up to par except for his defensive game. i was really impressed with that and figured he could work on the rest of his skills.

This year I have been extremely vocal in my disagreement about keeping him up with the big team. It's one of the reasons I have turned against Timmins and want him replaced. I'm sick and tired of his drafting failures and I see KK as a drafting failure, not a development failure.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Originally, I didn't like him starting the year with the big team last season. I thought his game was not up to par except for his defensive game. i was really impressed with that and figured he could work on the rest of his skills.

This year I have been extremely vocal in my disagreement about keeping him up with the big team. It's one of the reasons I have turned against Timmins and want him replaced. I'm sick and tired of his drafting failures and I see KK as a drafting failure, not a development failure.
Literally spots the development problem
"NoT a DeVeLopmEnT fAilUrE"

Oh okay yeah

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Bouchard is as committed to NOT challenging and engaging Kotkaniemi, like CJ was...

Don't expect results to be different in the AHL

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I think the fan base will go nuts when he's not putting up two points a game there.

It's going to take time to make adjustments. Remember people he's 19 and he's getting jacked around. There is a mental aspect to life and people forget that.

Plus the AHL is tough. It's a league full of men. KK is not fast and not strong yet. I would not be surprised if he struggles a little.

He needs to spend next year there too so he can finally start developing.

Reactions: Blame the referee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad