Jul 8, 2011
GTA
so i was just wanted to know your opinions on jerseys

so i mean what are your thoughts on this
like i dont believe in bootleg

however it's $120 cheaper
and it looks better?
apparently

If you don't believe in bootleg, don't buy the bootleg.

Armstrong9

Mar 3, 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Bootleg's always look like ****, I don't care what anyone says. Why not just buy an authentic replica? They're like $120 blank and $160 stitched.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I know money is an issue, but man some bootlegs look so brutal u gotta go for the real thing. Especially the new Jays jerseys, the bootleg ones and even the replicas from the Jays Shop look like *********. I had to buy the real ones but thats just me. I just hate to be the guy wearing the wrong font and or ironed on numbers. woof.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
It's your money and up to you if you want to buy a bootleg just to save a few bucks, but I promise you would stick out like a sore thumb around those wearing authentic Reeboks -- their difference in looks and quality is HUGE.

For example:

Fake:
$(KGrHqR,!joFD)uj6!K3BRM3BqmH3!~~48_20.JPG

Official:
toronto-maple-leafs-third-jersey-rbk.jpg

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
My mom got me a 100$ replica and I can't even wear it out because it looks so garbage. No point in cheating out on something you only need one of(unless you're a collector)

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
so i was just wanted to know your opinions on jerseys

apparently you can get a replica of an authentic jersey for only $80
which is pretty cheap for a jersey, not for a piece of clothing
however it's bootleg, but it's apparently stitched numbers

and you wont be supporting the Leafs, MLSE, NHL
because it's not official

or would you just get an official Premier jersey for $200
even tho it wont look as good
because it's not authentic replica

so i mean what are your thoughts on this
like i dont believe in bootleg

however it's $120 cheaper
and it looks better?
apparently

its fake i will guarantee it and it wont look right...ive seen a million fakes some better then others but something will be off...either the lettering will be different size or font or the logo as well...the leafs didnt lockout the NHL locked them out ! and who cares hockey is back...and you cant get a jersey with a name for 120 either...its 174.99 plus tax

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Just get the authentic replica from the Leafs online store its around 130$ and you know its legit

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You're saying the bootleg looks better than the replica? Cause that's so wrong it's not even funny.

Bootlegs look terrible. I can spot them from such a long distance because they look awful.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
isn't there only 2 type of jerseys

the Premier one $200
and the Authentic one $300 (i think)
aka the ones the players use

the Authentic replica is the bootleg one
a replica of the Authentic one aka stitched numbers

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
isn't there only 2 type of jerseys

the Premier one $200
and the Authentic one $300 (i think)
aka the ones the players use

the Authentic replica is the bootleg one
a replica of the Authentic one aka stitched numbers
Authentic is what the player wears, Replica/Premier whatever is the one most fans wear because it's way cheaper, and the difference isn't worth the money to most fans.

Bootleg are the fake ones from China. I don't know why you're calling them Authentic Replicas. They're just fake looking jerseys. Pretty sure they just put the fight strap on, but it doesn't mean it's anywhere close to the Authentic.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
Bootleg are the fake ones from China. I don't know why you're calling them Authentic Replicas. They're just fake looking jerseys. Pretty sure they just put the fight strap on, but it doesn't mean it's anywhere close to the Authentic.
what if they look better than the Premier jersey does to the Authentic?

i mean you must seem to know a crappy bootleg

Feb 24, 2004
I live in NYC now; so of course I recently bought a Blue Leafs #2 Leetch jersey.

Just thought people should know.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
what if they look better than the Premier jersey does to the Authentic?

i mean you must seem to know a crappy bootleg
But they don't look better. They look like absolute garbage. I have a Premier Replica and it looks just great. The fake ones look terrible.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Must be in the middle of a couple of off days; the boys are starting to talk clothes. :D

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But they don't look better. They look like absolute garbage. I have a Premier Replica and it looks just great. The fake ones look terrible.

Actually, the new RBK replicas look like absolute garbage with loose seams, plastic ****** shoulder patches and creased up fabrics, even at Real Sports. They look like garbage compared to the CCM, Starter and Koho makes from the old days.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
The fake ones are significantly worse than even the replicas, which look better for casual wear than people are saying in here.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay for a blank replica - you can find them for less than retail sometimes. Like this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-Mapl...9783?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3ccf6d8847

Then bring it in to realsports or wherever for customization for another 60 plus tax.

You won't like your knockoff. Very few knockoffs in the entire league look close to real. None of them are Leafs jerseys. Don't do it.

Also, never believe anyone that tells you the bootlegs are "factory runoffs" or whatever. Replica's are made in Indonesia, Authentics are typically made in Montreal, and knockoffs are made in China.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
Has anyone ever bought an authentic players jersey for 200+ ? Is it really worth it?

I've owned 2000 Sundin All Star and Corson Canadiens pro jerseys.

They are nice. The material is heavy. I used to wear the Corson one to play pickup. They are cut wide for hockey so you have to get them big so the arms are long enough as streetwear.

A friend has a white size 56 Clark Leafs jersey from about 1996. He had it autographed and it's the only one he has.

I am more of a collector, so I sold my pro jerseys on ebay a few years ago because I really didn't need $300 jerseys hanging in my closet.

Like OptimusForever said, if you are only going to buy one, consider getting a pro. Otherwise, the replicas are fine. I have a few - Phaneuf Leafs and Flames, 2012 Kessel All Star, LeClaire SENS, and they are beautiful jerseys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad